Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to progressors, Trying a NMS1000. We are seeing spikes in engine rpm and sometimes driveshaft.

I've been using different %'s and ramp time. Trying to match timing to %. Use extra timing retard,all with missed results.

Sure could use some ideas on ways to smooth the spikes,

·
Super Moderator
12,136 Posts
Im new to progressors, Trying a NMS1000. We are seeing spikes in engine rpm and sometimes driveshaft.

I've been using different %'s and ramp time. Trying to match timing to %. Use extra timing retard,all with missed results.

Sure could use some ideas on ways to smooth the spikes,
This is one of those deals where there are quite a few things that can be effecting your results. Sometimes it's tough to get the chassis doing what you want when you want it to in conjuction with the controller and the timing events. I like to start off just using the controller and no timing ramps and see what I can do there ?? Depending on those results, depends if I look at timing as well.. We have sold quite a few of these controllers now and I know there are a bunch of them out there. I'm sure as more guys get used to them and what you can do with them more info on programming will be available.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Post pictures of your logs

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Data log the nos pressure at the distribution blocks,, best if you use 2 sensors, one for the left bank, one for the right bank, might as well log the fuel pressure at the blocks too,,,you will be surprised at what you see on the log file but it will help you tune with this device....

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Data log the nos pressure at the distribution blocks,, best if you use 2 sensors, one for the left bank, one for the right bank, might as well log the fuel pressure at the blocks too,,,you will be surprised at what you see on the log file but it will help you tune with this device....
Also,, with the current noids avaliable today you arn't going to get much better than 13 hz..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st thanks for the replys. I can't figure out a way to cut and paste my logger.

I have trash can solenoids and am using 12.5mhz. Is there a % that seems to provide the smoothest engine rpm with the NMS1000 other than 100%? Ive seem ok results @ 46% to 51% from 0 to 0.48

Getting the tune up right isnt a problem keeping a smooth rpm curve seems to be my problem

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
1st thanks for the replys. I can't figure out a way to cut and paste my logger.

I have trash can solenoids and am using 12.5mhz. Is there a % that seems to provide the smoothest engine rpm with the NMS1000 other than 100%? Ive seem ok results @ 46% to 51% from 0 to 0.48

Getting the tune up right isnt a problem keeping a smooth rpm curve seems to be my problem
If you have Vista, Start>all programs>accessory>snipping tool,, then post to yb with photobucket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts