Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the post going about my recently added progressive, after doing some testing tonight, I found out I can't run my MSD retard activation wires the way I had them apparently.

I have a spaghetti menders 2 stage control box, and the progressive hooks up to that. In the past I have always run the retard activation wires off the stage1 /stage2 output studs on the spaghetti menders controller.

Now with the way this progressive works, it actually turns on both stages right away, and uses the grounds to controll the solenoids. This causes both my retard stages to come on right away, even if I don't have the second stage on, or if I have it delayed.

Obviously that is no good, and I'm not really sure how to wire this up differently. Unfortunately I have a race tomorrow, and don't know if I will get this solved before hand...

Any thoughts guys? Sorry for the flippin novel..

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I was thinking a 12v relay that is activated via ground, but supplying 12V. But if you hook it up from the progressive side the signal will be pulsed with the solenoid activation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
digiset matched with delay of prog or some prog have a second non pulsed timed 12v output

1 - 3 of 3 Posts