Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did an online quote at Progressive. 94'Mustang Gt AND the 2000 Ford Excursion. $100 deductible on both comp and collision. $49.50/month.

I'm paying $65/mo JUST FOR THE EXCURSION Currently at State Farm.

WHAT THE BALLS IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'm sure an ins agent will chime in. but with sf they may have a bigger loss coverage area than progressive.
also, some guys at work have progressive and after the first or second year it made a big jump with no accidents or tickets etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Progessive insures my two trucks and motorhome for $45 less per month than State Farm was with just the trucks. Exact same coverage too. Faxed my SF policy and had them match it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Did an online quote at Progressive. 94'Mustang Gt AND the 2000 Ford Excursion. $100 deductible on both comp and collision. $49.50/month.

I'm paying $65/mo JUST FOR THE EXCURSION Currently at State Farm.

WHAT THE BALLS IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?
The true measure of an insurance policy is what happens when you have a claim.....
I have SF even though I pay for 7 policies and am the only driver in my house. Sure I could save money if I went with another company, BUT.... I recommend you go to a good body shop and ask them which companies do not argue with them on what repairs need to be authorized and paid for by the insurance co. It is a real eye opener when you have to collect some of the hard earned cash you've paid in all these years! My personal experience with State Farm has been excellent when I had a claim. Just sayin' be careful, you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You are paying for a service also with sf. JD power ranks as one of the highest customer satisfaction companies on handling claims. If it's only price that concerns some wait until you have a claim, lose a car, or even worse everything you own, and have to wait for a check. Live on a credit card or deplete a savings account when your insurance company was supposed to offer piece of mind in the event of a loss.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
i worked at a dealership in parts for a while and state farm will pay for factory parts alot of times where progressive usually only pays for used or aftermarket parts. with state farm, your vehicle would be repaired much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
305 Posts
As others have said, you'll find out how they save if you ever need to file a claim. The advice about talking to a body shop is good, they will know better than most any business how good a company is at settling claims.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
You are paying for a service also with sf. JD power ranks as one of the highest customer satisfaction companies on handling claims. If it's only price that concerns some wait until you have a claim, lose a car, or even worse everything you own, and have to wait for a check. Live on a credit card or deplete a savings account when your insurance company was supposed to offer piece of mind in the event of a loss.
QFT

·
Registered
328 Posts
The true measure of an insurance policy is what happens when you have a claim.....
I have SF even though I pay for 7 policies and am the only driver in my house. Sure I could save money if I went with another company, BUT.... I recommend you go to a good body shop and ask them which companies do not argue with them on what repairs need to be authorized and paid for by the insurance co. It is a real eye opener when you have to collect some of the hard earned cash you've paid in all these years! My personal experience with State Farm has been excellent when I had a claim. Just sayin' be careful, you get what you pay for....

ive worked in a body shop for 22 years now....state farm is the best to deal with.....not as much after market garbage....you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you ever have to use the policy,you will know the difference.State Farm is a much better insurance company.Plus they will make you go to there
shop to get your vehichle fixed.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Had progressive. Wrote the checks to the local Progressive agent. Had an accident. Tried to file claim on accident and Progressive said I hadn't paid on my policy for four months, therefore would not cover. I was up to date on my payments. Local agent said I hadn't paid and wouldn't back me against corporate, even though he saw me in his office every month dropping payment off. After fighting with Progressive for two months, showing them proof of cashed checks days after they were written, local agent finally "found" the records of me paying those four months. He said a new employee had put them in the wrong place. Cancelled my policy after the claim was paid. Agency was sporting a new name a few months later, I noticed. Wonder if Progressive caught them up to no good because of me? Either way, Progressive's checks and balances were apparently lacking, so I'll never go back.

Greg

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you ever have to use the policy,you will know the difference.State Farm is a much better insurance company.Plus they will make you go to there
shop to get your vehichle fixed.
Not sure about the other states, but in Calif. the insurance company cannot make you go to any shop that you did not choose, and you are not required to get more than one estimate. They will send their adjuster out to check the damage, and he might suggest that you go to one of their "approved shops", but you have the final choice of who does your repairs.....

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
On a vehicle with just liability coverage, it would probably be good going with the lowest premium... Imo...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do yourself a favor and stick with State Farm.

My whole family is with them, and everything I own is under them. I've never once had a problem out of them, usually they're more than helpful. It's also nice to go to your local office and they know you by name. My brother used to own an auto body shop and I used to work at another one as well. State Farm is much better to their customers than Progressive.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not sure about the other states, but in Calif. the insurance company cannot make you go to any shop that you did not choose, and you are not required to get more than one estimate. They will send their adjuster out to check the damage, and he might suggest that you go to one of their "approved shops", but you have the final choice of who does your repairs.....

Here in Florida the insurance pretty much tell you where to
get your vehichle fixed,or give you the scare tactic you will
be responsible for the differnce.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I know this is a auto insurance thread and I see these glowing reports about State Farm and have to wonder why they are so difficult to deal with on homeowners policies.

I'm a home improvement contractor and think SF is far and away the biggest PITA to approve a claim.I've had to go to battle for single women or eldery people that SF tried to stick it too because the homeowners weren't assertive enough to fight them.In one instance I roofed 12 houses in a cul de sac and the only people that didn't get their claim approved were SF customers.All of the homes had obvious damage from 2' hail but they still didn't want to pay.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Prior to my trucks, I had a policy with Progressive on my enclosed. I went with Progressive since SF would not write the policy on it. I was towing back from Rockingham and the front awning opened, blew off, and went down the side of the trailer. Adjuster came to my house, looked at the damage, and cut me a check. Amount was more than fair, and I was not required to go anywhere. That was about five years ago.

While I have Progressive now, and as I stated above they were cheaper, I am also in another claim right now involving another trailer. I was involved in a hit and run by a drunk driver on I20 in October. I was going 70 and he had to have tail ended my trailer at better than 100. Got the tag number and police report (long story), and found he is insured with Prog. They just did an estimate for my trailer on Wednesday (28' enclosed Classic -1997 but it's (was) nice, cabinets, a/c etc). Their offer? $2200 totaled. I'll see how this plays out to determine whether I renew.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts