Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a NOS Progressive the P/N15835B, the one without the delay built in. I am trying to wire the microswitch up so that when you set the transbrake button it kills the power to the microswitch so I can sit on the starting line @ wide open throttle without the progressive firing nitrous. I know it can be done, I have seen a car wired that way... I am just not sure what I need to do it, can you guys help me? Do I need a special microswitch? Some type of diode? I am lost here!!! Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
27,956 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks "Z", where would my SW (my trigger wire from my progressive) wire in on this schematic? Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Terminal 87

Terminal 87 on the nitrous relay, that will trigger the progressive when the solenoids get the signal to fire.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
You need to interupt the microswitch. Wire a relay as follows.

30 To microswitch which goes to a ground.
87A To the trigger terminal of the controller
85 To ground
86 To the cold side of the TB.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
That one doesn't work for a 15835B because it needs a ground trigger.
Oh...I didn't know that!!! I thought it was like my Edelbrock!!!

Which way would you do it if it needed a ground trigger? I've never used one that needed a ground to trigger it.

Never mind...you already posted it!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to interupt the microswitch. Wire a relay as follows.

30 To microswitch which goes to a ground.
87A To the trigger terminal of the controller
85 To ground
86 To the cold side of the TB.

With this wiring would I only need one relay or do I still need to use (2) like the daigram above. If so which relay do I wire like you are telling me? Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
With this wiring would I only need one relay or do I still need to use (2) like the daigram above. If so which relay do I wire like you are telling me? Thanks for all the help guys!
That's just the interupt for the TB. You should have another relay for the power side of the solenoids. Wire it as follows:

30 12V from battery.
87 Power to the solenoids
86 12V from arming switch.
85 Connect to 87A from the interupt relay.

Hopefully you have a Digital 7 ignition so you don't need another relay for the retard.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's just the interupt for the TB. You should have another relay for the power side of the solenoids. Wire it as follows:

30 12V from battery.
87 Power to the solenoids
86 12V from arming switch.
85 Connect to 87A from the interupt relay.

Hopefully you have a Digital 7 ignition so you don't need another relay for the retard.
I am running this on a Fogger system with (4) solenoids, will the relay be strong enough run all four solenoids?

I am running a Digital 7 so I shouldn't need another one for the retards. Thanks

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
I am running this on a Fogger system with (4) solenoids, will the relay be strong enough run all four solenoids?

I am running a Digital 7 so I shouldn't need another one for the retards. Thanks
As long as they are NOS or Edelbrock solenoids you'll be fine. If they are high amp coils you'll need a bigger relay.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i was using the 15835B with a fogger it died i also have a15834 from another project i tried to use it set at 30 hertz thing ran like #### what should the hertz be set to, i had 4 hrs to switch everything from ground active to power as they are diffrent that was fun

1 - 20 of 32 Posts