Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fighting wheelie problems and consistency for a long time, put on an edelbrock 71900, third pass had it dialed in to an 8.57
Im running an 8.50 index, all season i have only been able to run 8.70's, turning it up only resulted in hitting the wheelie bars hard and tire shake, A lot of people told me NOT to use a progressive....
Induction Solutions was correct again.....

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony,
I guess you got it in and hooked up already !! Great to hear it helped you out as well.. Thanks, Steve
works great,it took that edge off the fogger no prob, its mounted in the back seat area, on the roll cage,
Car feels like a real dud, compared to before LOL It just drives out now, with no drama, i made four passes last fri , never hit the wheelie bars, best 60 before was 1.29, last fri went 1.35, 1.34, 1.32, 1.32.....so im sure with a little tuning i get the 60' back
THANKS again Steve

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,950 Posts
Tony, you must be leaving really soft now. I've been 1.28 in the 60ft but only went 9.2, nowhere close to you going 8.50!

Glad to hear, and see, that it is working better for you now. See you around.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Cool. You going to Cecil this weekend?

·
Registered
332 Posts
progressive controllers work good and are good tools WHEN THEY WORK. we know a lot of people that use them, and just about everyone of them has had a problem with them pooping out... including us. i'm glad it's working out for you now, but when it poops out on you, you'll have to pay big money to buy another... cause the nos we had is not rebuildable.

when it DOES bust on you, i reccommend you get a good digital 7 ignition and control the hit out of the hole with it. giving you the heads up.... msd is jacking their prices up starting in september.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know exactly what your saying, im not using this progressive hardly at all, just very little not as long a build time at all, I am getting the 7531 eventually also

·
Registered
332 Posts
i know exactly what your saying, im not using this progressive hardly at all, just very little not as long a build time at all, I am getting the 7531 eventually also
7531 is the way to go!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts