Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
progressive controller which is the best ?

I'm thinking of buying a progressive controller set up, and not sure which one to go with. I'm running a 4150 NOS big shot system. I'm currently running a 225 shot and thinking of stepping up to a 300. Also i'm running one A2000 pump for motor and nitrous now... should i use a stand alone system for just nitrous ?

·
RED ROCKET
8,622 Posts
i like the edelbrock controller,works very well.

i run a single bg 400 on my 632 with 3 stages..but it is mounted in the front.

my other car had a bg 400 in the rear and i used a billet 140 mounted in the front for 2 stages.

·
12,058 Posts
The Edelbrock controller does a great job and even has a dual ramp feature many really like. It's very easy to program and very reliable... Please let me know if I can help you out.. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
how do the progressives work with a 7531 box useing a launch retard and/or a gear retard? i have been spraying a single fogger with a 28-32 pill but i'm thinking of making a major move with the tune up and i don't think i can pull out enough timing to control the power at the hit with the ignition box.

·
RED ROCKET
8,622 Posts
how do the progressives work with a 7531 box useing a launch retard and/or a gear retard? i have been spraying a single fogger with a 28-32 pill but i'm thinking of making a major move with the tune up and i don't think i can pull out enough timing to control the power at the hit with the ignition box.
ramp the timing just like progressive..you can leave with say 250hp and be at 450hp at 1.3..so pull timing at the hit like you are now and pull more for the tuneup in the the same time frame.

·
12,058 Posts
Punisher,
Most of my guys have found that when using there controllers they just drop the nitrous retard all in one hit and don't use a ramp. Remember, your trying to kill power anyway. Just drop it out and let the controller bring in the nitrous. I don't like to see guys try to use both because it's nearly impossible to get the timing ramp/curve to coinside with the progressive ramp. Stick to one or the other and I think you'll be the most happy... Just my two cents... SJ

·
Registered
142 Posts
gees 5.3x what next ? How many TTT5 can you win :rolleyes:

·
Head Phuckstick
18,507 Posts
Punisher,
Most of my guys have found that when using there controllers they just drop the nitrous retard all in one hit and don't use a ramp. Remember, your trying to kill power anyway. Just drop it out and let the controller bring in the nitrous. I don't like to see guys try to use both because it's nearly impossible to get the timing ramp/curve to coinside with the progressive ramp. Stick to one or the other and I think you'll be the most happy... Just my two cents... SJ
X2

Shannon "RSP"

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
We run a 7531 box on our 632 w/3 stages of Speedtech that can spray over 700+. There's plenty of retard available if you want it. You can pull up to 15* per step and there are up to 6 steps from what I remember. You can use launch retard, gear retards, or step retards. The retards are cumulative as you progress through each step. I use my nitrous controllers (Speedwire Systems) that are hard wired to the MSD box to trigger the step retards.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Progressive Controllers?

when using the edelbrock controller#71900 is it hard on your solinoid, cause the nos controller uses a safety kit . do you need such a kit with this unit to prolong the life of your nitrous solinoid,im looking into buying one,thanks:smt100

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Progressive controller which is best?

I have looked through all of the nitrous forum and couldn't find the answer, so here goes. Does the edelbrock progressive control more than one stage? If not do you have one for each stage? It seems that the edelbrock is the best bang for the buck and ease of use so I was just wondering. I should have mine by the end of the week, but I figured I could ask here.

Thanks in advance guys. I love reading the nitrous forum and all of you big names in tuning nitrous get along instead of bitch and moan.:supz:

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
I have looked through all of the nitrous forum and couldn't find the answer, so here goes. Does the edelbrock progressive control more than one stage? If not do you have one for each stage? It seems that the edelbrock is the best bang for the buck and ease of use so I was just wondering. I should have mine by the end of the week, but I figured I could ask here.

Thanks in advance guys. I love reading the nitrous forum and all of you big names in tuning nitrous get along instead of bitch and moan.:supz:
It will only progress a single stage. You would need one for each stage if you are trying to progress multiple stages.

1 - 20 of 362 Posts