Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A STOCK SUSPENSION CAR IM BUILDING AND DIDNT KNOW WHICH SETUP WOULD BE BEST FOR NOS TO GET DOWN THE TRACK????

·
Registered
645 Posts
ive had both and the 7531 is way cooler. i just had a big learning curve with the 7531,i didnt have anyone around that had one! so i learned by fire!!! ha ha the tune up is endless on it.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts

Be ready to beat your head into the wall for a while. Everybody tells me I don't need a progressive, and that you can calm it down enough with the 7531. I can't get my car to leave on any more than 40% of an .082 jet in the plate even pulling 30 degrees of total timing. So I say you will have to have both.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
BOTH!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Now what about the poor people:smt081...say I cant afford to change over and have an MSD 7 AL ignition and want to run one stage..whats good, cheap and easy to use?...cause im stupid too!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have both but only use the progressive to tune. MSD told me DO NOT USE TRACTION CONTROL with nitrous. I would like some input from those who have used traction control with NOS.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
You mean

You mean Traction Control like a Davis box? If somebody at MSD told you that they're a FOOL! Tons of Outlaw nitrous cars use them. Besides, it does the same thing as a 7531...it pulls timing.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think what Jon is referring to is the slew feature on the 7531 with nitrous. Slew drops out cylinders when the RPM climbs faster than the preset curve. Dropping cylinders (not firing them) could cause problems by unburned fuel getting lit the next stroke and lifting a ring land. The Davis is fine with nitrous, it just retards timing until the sensor is satisfied with the wheel speed.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I have both but only use the progressive to tune. MSD told me DO NOT USE TRACTION CONTROL with nitrous. I would like some input from those who have used traction control with NOS.
Whoever told you that... is on the pipe real hard...
Every Nitrous car out there that knows how [I SAY KNOWS HOW}, and has it, USES IT...
Maddawg

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I think what Jon is referring to is the slew feature on the 7531 with nitrous. Slew drops out cylinders when the RPM climbs faster than the preset curve. Dropping cylinders (not firing them) could cause problems by unburned fuel getting lit the next stroke and lifting a ring land. The Davis is fine with nitrous, it just retards timing until the sensor is satisfied with the wheel speed.
Here we go with the traction control thing again...
The Davis thing is fine, but most of us Broke Dick MutherPhuckers cant afford one..
If you hurt your shit using the TC in the 7531 box.. YOU GOT OTHER ISSUES, believe me...;)
TC DAWG

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
sorry i meant slew

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Slew rate

sorry i meant slew

Yeah, killing alternating cylinders while still pumping them full of nitrous probably wouldn't be a good idea. Unless you WANT your cylinder heads to leave a witness mark on the underside of your hood.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Yeah, killing alternating cylinders while still pumping them full of nitrous probably wouldn't be a good idea. Unless you WANT your cylinder heads to leave a witness mark on the underside of your hood.
I'm done with this.. You guys still dont understand..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts