Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 3 cars on my auto insurance with Progressive. I sold one and now only have 2 cars. Same coverage before i dropped one car. Got my new renewal notice and it went up $40 total. That would be $80 per year.
I called and asked. Answer; u got a better rate with 3 cars but now only 2 so rate is higher. WTF ??????
BTW; No acidents or tickets in over 30 years.

So with 3 cars on my policy it is cheaper then 2 cars. How is this possible and I am the ONLY driver listed with both cars and then was only me on 3 cars.
How can they charge more for 2 cars then 3?
]
I feel I am getting ripped off. So I need to go buy another car just to pay $40 less TOTAL every 6 months ???????
WTF is going on and how can they do that (Charge me more for 2 cars rather the 3 cars total on my policy.???????
Gonna check with ther companies but damn hate to go thru all that when I changed to them 6 years ago because they were cheaper then. But slowly went up and up. No accidents or tickets.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I’m about to drop progressive after being with them for almost 10 years because of them jacking my rate.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Several friends have had them jack rates lately. I've had too many changes to know where I stand.

I just had my first claim besides glass breakage in 20 years..... And that was a lot of fun. I'll never take their preferred shop suggestion again.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
Volume discounts are standard operating procedure for companies around the world. Surprised this is the first you're hearing about it.

Sign up for the bundled TV/phone/internet service and then try to drop one. Your price is going up.

·
Moderater
15,092 Posts
Found that out 30 years ago. Always had a winter car because of it. Right now I have my Hotrods through Haggerty and the kids are gone so no multi car discount for me.

·
Registered
16,441 Posts
Look at it this way, we always see these same posts (Insurance, cable tv, etc) they have raised my rate the past 3 yrs......well obviously their tactic works, way too many people don't bother shopping around for other polices....myself included.

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,684 Posts
Look at it this way, we always see these same posts (Insurance, cable tv, etc) they have raised my rate the past 3 yrs......well obviously their tactic works, way too many people don't bother shopping around for other polices....myself included.
You can't assume that.

I check rates routinely, the prices are increasing egregiously past few years 10-25% ea year. Shit is hitting the fan. Stay or go, we are all eating a chunk of it.

This isn't the first rate complaint thread, it's one of many

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
stat farm said I lost my 2 vehicle discount so I called my agent and they said that is how it works but since the car I kept was the cheaper rate my insurance bill was cut in half. went from $114 a month to $48. so it does pay to call your local agent and have them re asses what you are paying.. They told me if I had a second car it would be $30 each car at the same rate for both or $64 with tax and fees. I do have 2 cars but the malibu is not road worthy so I am not gonna insure it for that yet.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
I check rates routinely, the prices are increasing egregiously past few years 10-25% ea year. Shit is hitting the fan. Stay or go, we are all eating a chunk of it.
Must be rough. I've been paying the same rate on my truck for 7 years.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
I've been a member of USAA since 1966. Wouldn't change on a bet.
Same here. They have never let me down in 40 years. ;)

I'm sure I could get "cheaper" insurance but USAA recognizes the value of a long term customer and take care of you with no BS.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just told Hagerty to shove it. I originally had one car with them at an $80k value. About 13 years ago I added another car at a $15k value. My rate went up even though I was getting a "multi-car discount", which I expected. Two months ago, I sold the second car. When I called to have it removed, they jacked my rate up another $75. I called and they said it was because I lost my "discount". Excuse me, WHAT???

So when I added a 2nd car, my rate went up. Now that I remove that car, my rate goes up again? Bullshit!! I told them to go fuck themselves and immediately removed my first car. They can kiss my ass, and I'll never deal with them again. Fuckin theives!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts