Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the G force 545 two piece suit and came across these Profox suits, Just wondering if anyone is using them and if you liked them or wish you had went with a different brand? I'm not finding a lot of user info out there on them, Looking at the -5 stuff hate trying to buy stuff like this over the net without being able to try them on.

http://www.profoxracing.com/racing-suit-kits-packages.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm into my 2nd season with a ProFox, 2 piece, SFI 3.2A-5 suit.

Absolutely love the pants.

Elastic stirrups to keep lower leg from creeping up. Lower leg offers regular cuff we've all seen, tight around the leg... plus an outer layer (almost like a 2nd pair of pants) that can be rolled up for those of us who are vertically challenged in comparison to our waist size.

Deep pockets, smooth operating zipper fly, velcro belt/waist adjustment stays put.

Jacket is pretty standard fare compared to the rest of the brands. Epaulettes (things on top of shoulders) are smaller or tighter to the jacket than my old one, so don't seem to hang up or catch the shoulder harness on the way off. Zipper has never hung up or given me any trouble.

I've got ProFox boots (very good again) and 3.2A-5 gloves (love the long gauntlets but am disappointed that both are getting loose treads on the opening end of the gauntlets.

The only thing that I didn't end up using from my full package was their horse collar. Not ProFox's fault, but I found a Simpson one easier to fight around my neck after strapping into my dragster.

Concerning worries about buying online... I dealt personally with Louis Altobelli at ProFox and he assured me that if anything didn't fit, they'd offer a no-hassle exchange.

I know of one other driver with their 3.2A-5 jacket and pants setup and another with their 3.2A-5 jacket, and a couple of drivers with the single layer 3.2A stuff. To a man, each was very happy with their purchase.

After some of the 'do they really meet the certification standard' concerns a few years ago with an unnamed safety equipment manufacturer, I like the fact that ProFox lists that their stuff is about 30-40% higher fire protection rating than the spec requires.

I've compared the weight and thickness of my ProFox and my son's "yellow" 3.2A-5 suits that were bought in the same year. His weighs far less and is not anywhere near as thick. I hope that the yellow suit really does provide all of the protection the SFI rating says it should.

Concerning worries about buying online... I dealt personally with Louis Altobelli at ProFox and he assured me that if anything didn't fit, they'd offer a no-hassle exchange.

If you decide to order, ask for Mr. Altobelli and tell him that Wayne from Dragway 42 really likes his ProFox safety equipment.

No, I don't get a commission, but I want Louis to know I appreciate his efforts get me as a customer (especially with the country's two largest mail-order sellers in my own backyard) were appreciated.

·
Registered
865 Posts
3.2-a5 jacket and pants. Much better quality than the Jegs black / cheap set that I had previously. When I need to replace them, I will by ProFox again. Just wish they had built in arm restraints.

Curtis

·
Registered
201 Posts
looks kinda cheap.
Their stuff looks much nicer in person than it does in the pictures on their website.

3.2-a5 jacket and pants. Much better quality than the Jegs black / cheap set that I had previously.

Just wish they had built in arm restraints.

X2 on BOTH points.

I don't understand why more mfgs don't sew in the arm restraints... especially those that don't sell a separate arm restraints.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I also got my SFI 15 in and loved it too.. I was buying an Impact suit through Jegs and it came in with 2010 SFI Tags. They didnt have anything newer when I sent them back, so I got my money back from Jegs. I contacted IMPACT and they said they will also send what they have in stock. I asked for a NEW SFI 2012 tag and they said no!! I was like Are You Freaking kidding ME ?!?!?!
For those of you that dont know. the SFI 15, and SFI 20 Suits have a 5 year life span per NHRA. You either have to buy a new one or get it re-certified.

Only CUSTOM MADE SUITS have (new) SFI tags on them..

The lady said that they build and SFI stock. Once they get low, they rebuild and re-certify. I asked her if they could re-certify their suits; and her answer was NO !!!! So what your telling me is if I buy a SFI 15 or 20 Suit from you guys I am automatically loosing 2 years on the SFI TAG.. She said yes !! I was like what ever you lost my business on my suits.
I contacted PROFOX and they said that their suits have 2012 SFI tags on them,AND they can re-certify them after 5 years.. I bought a Jacket and pants and LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU PROFOX !!!!!!

:supz:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
When I was shopping for my suit Profox was not set up to recertify, but since then the respoded to all of the requests and can now do it. I ended up with a Simpson since I wanted for sure to be able to get it recertified.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yea,, I call Simpson also since they are close to home. They told me they could Re-certify, but then they told me the price of the jacket and pants and I about fell out of my chair.. hahaha

I do have a Pheonix Apperall 20 SFI suit I had custom made for me in 07 which cost me $1800.00. This thing is very thick but nice quality. I love Impact because of the light weight stuff they make and I can say that the PRO FOX is campairable to Impact..
Profox went that direction and came up with a very nice and light weight and less expensive SFI 15 Suit..
I would recomend Profox for anyone who is wanting to save money on buying a 15 SFI Pants and Jacket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts