1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have not. I tried one Proform product, a fuel pressure regulator, and it went into the garbage. I'll do my best to avoid that junk.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
No, but there is a guy on racingjunk that sells a longacre scale set for 987.00. I bought those and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I bought the set in the link. Hopefully it works ok.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the same ones, I wanted a budget friendly set and these fit the bill. The screen can be hard to read at times, but sure beats the hell out of dragging it over to the gravel yard and getting a round about number. Plus it gives you side to side and front to rear bias. No they are not the best scales out there, but they work for me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback folks.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
When the proforms first came out they were half the price of other brands.

Now they are 80% of what a set of intercomp or longacres, its not worth the risk.

My intercomp scales are 25lbs of aluminum per pad, and they make them that rigid for a damn good reason. After buying the good ones, I have zero regrets.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They arriveed last week and used them for the first time. So far so good. No regrets. I like them but it's the first set I've used. They came in a very nice bag with wheels to store the scales. The display is mounted in a plastic box.

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts
Has anyone used the Proform 67650 Vehicle Scale System Kit? Am thinking about ordering this kit and wanted to know pro's/con's of the system. Or, in general what to look for when buying similar kit. Will be used for personal use a few times a year.

http://www.amazon.com/Proform-67650...TF8&qid=1441038419&sr=8-1&keywords=car+scales

Thanks,
Brian
This one worked for about 4 hours for me. It was cheaper from the Jegs pro shop than on Amazon.

After that 4 hours, sent back non working scales and got a set of Longacres for an additional $300, which have been fine for the last three years, so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts