Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have set on a SBC with either 3/8" or 7/16" pushrods? I need to order a shaft rocker system and was wondering what systems people were using. I am particularly interested in how much offset you needed to clear the bigger pushrods.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I know you can order the Jesel Sportsman series with the extra offset that leaves quite a bit of room. They have .350offset. It should clear a 3/8. Don't try a 5/16 pushrod with the regular set up it will not work.

I know Sheldon at LGM made a set for a customer of mine with a one piece stand and 1.7 rocker that cleared his 3/8 pushrod and he is happy with them.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have the Profiler head from Chad Speier and used the standard Jesel pro series rockers. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. I will look cor them if you need. I had to clearance them a little on the back side of the intake face for pushrod clearance. No big deal. They worked fine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Im not that worried about pushrod clearance,
I am worried about the valve and stud placement as they are altered from stock on the 2.08 intake heads. Perhaps they are all like that I dont know. Can the Jesel adjust to that somehow?
I would think this valve placement is something that is used by other manufacturers, I just haven't found it yet.
It sucks shipping part that don't fit. the 40/60 does not fit and neither does stock.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I still don't understand... I run Chads 210 profiler heads with 2.08 and use regular LGM rockers. No alignment issues at all. :confused:
Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts