Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run one of these? Is it basically a ported hurricane? I see that the the rpm range is the same but the plenum is larger along with the runners. I have a hurricane on my sbc now but have access to a super. I see the super is recommend for larger cubic inch. Would it hurt a smaller cube motor? I guess where I'm getting at is, do I send my intake out for port work or step up to this intake? 377c.i. 13.6:1, roller, 8,000rpm peak. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to speak with Coan to etch it in stone, but I was told with my combo I should bring it up to 4,000 and have the converter flash around 6,200. I'm sending my 8" in shortly to have it tailored. Camshaft builds from 4,000. I guess depends on what Coan suggests.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I have ran one and no it has much bigger runners and plenum to big for a 377 unless your going to spin it wayyyyyy up

·
Registered
805 Posts
They work well for circle track methanol builds of that size due to liquid volume eating up the plenum volume of the manifold but have no gas build expirences with them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just noticing the intake runners on my Hurricane are way smaller then my head runners. I'm sending my heads out for portwork. Was just trying to decide what intake to send with them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff, will the Super begin to build way up stairs or does it just have the capability to continue building upstairs? Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
They actually have three versions of the hurricances. Their is the standard hurricane then the hurricane plus then the Super hurricane. The super Hurricane is much larger than the Hurricane. I actually compared the Super Hurricane to crosswind on a 355sbc with a flat tappet cam and big heads. The super hurricane made more peak power by 25hp but lost 42ft lbs of torque below 5000rpm. It also carried the peak power for long time. I did not test it against the hurricane because I didn't have one handy. Send me an email and I can shoot you pictures of all three.

[email protected]

I am going to use a heavily modified Hurricance plus for this years EMC if I get accepted.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I think the super will be to big for what your doing. I have used the Hurricane and the super, the super took me a ton of time the Casting was crap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts