Ordered a 400 block from these idiots 3 months ago
They sent a raw block....no machine work
wrong pistons
wrong rods
wrong piston rings
shipping crate was a fucking joke and head gaskets were mangled
sent everything thing back to them after getting wrong parts over 2 months
they say we will build the motor and send it back in 2 weeks
1 month later still getting run around...friday at 4:30 they finally said it is being shipped off....after saying it was being sent out wednesday.
we will see what and when it shows up
these people are fucking rude bastards and have no appreciation of customers....or even know what customer service is
Was told over and over not to deal with Procomp....should of listened but we gave them a chance ,,,They fucked that up
Don't deal with these idiots....main person we dealt with was named Brian....what a fucking bullshit artist and liar he is
DON'T DEAL WITH HESE PEOPLE>>>>LEARNED AND BURNED !!!!

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...got it back and actually not to bad a motor
Went through hell getting it all done and going through all the crap with them but it turned out pretty good

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
email [email protected]. Let the owner of the company know about it. Fuck it let him know how shitty the company is being run in the states. Hell they got their cousins running it and she knows jack shit about anything. Brian is actually a very smart and talented guy. No I don't work there but I am glad to see you got your engine. I wish you the best with that motor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my mate had trouble fixing a customers car. took the ignition box apart and found the 2 red power wires soldered together, this was back powering the ignition circuit. also had a laugh at the circuit board, procomp has lifted it out of a dizzy and glued it in place. some dodgy shit going on there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my buddy bought some procomp stuff to put on a car he was selling...the dis, the box and the coil ALL took a shit within a week

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I once bought a Pro-Comp Distributor for a 454 tow motor I built and the damned thing wouldn't fire. I threw an old GM HEI it and it fired right up of course. Probably a bad module or something but it wasn't work working on so I chucked it in the dumpster.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I went through 2 of there distributors in a customers car, it would spark once then keep cranking and nothing .
Pulled it out , installed a stock dist. an fired right up.
Called supplier and they told me they had to send back to Procomp to get ok to get a credit, I said BS, I want a MSD dist NOW!!!!.
Put the MSD in all good.
I will never sell or use a Procomp product ever again !!!

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Thats what you get when youbuy second quality shit. I prefer top shelf everything, expecially in electronics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ordered a HEI distributor a couple of years ago for a SBC and they sent me a Mopar one. I sent it back and waited for the right one to come in. I installed it and it wouldn't fire. I took it out and put in a MSD Street Fire and it ran fine.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I ordered a set of shaft mount rocker arms from them, they were advertised to have large needle bearings. I got them and the rockers had a brass sleeve not the needle bearings.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
^^^^ nice

Funny part of my ordeal with them is my supplier stands by them and says it's a great product , I told the manager no more of Procomp junk and he said it's not junk .
I told him of some of the posts here in trashed section and he laughed saying your listening with internt bs .
I assured him the majority of people on YB are racers not children posting as racers .

1 - 20 of 60 Posts