Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
I hope that everything goes well for you no matter what parts you use. I have a china (Scat) crank and china rods in my FE, it lasted a couple dozen dyno pulls with a little less than 800 hp. So just don't push your parts beyond their limit with HP and rpm and you should be fine. More than one 3-4000$ billet crank has been messed up by pushing to far with a shit tune and so can the cheap china parts go to shit fast if you beat them up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dont think its a matter of where its made its a matter of what quality control there is on each product and im afraid pro comp(they changed there name to speedmaster here in australia to avoid the bad name they had earnt) has little to know quality control measures from what we have all seen and heard

·
Idiot Savant
163,913 Posts
And it seems no lessons are being learned from history.....
The stuff the Japs made in the 50s/60s, cars, machinery, electronics etc was junk. Thirty years later, the same Jap products are top notch. And I see history repeating itself with China. The stuff coming out of China is getting better & better all the time. China is going to be the world's largest economy, is well on it's way, whether we like it or not....
The Jap stuff was only shitty in the 50 and 60s because we destroyed their industrial base. Prior to that, they built the Yamato, the Zero, the Betty, and their torpedoes were far superior to ours. Oddly enough it was a shitty radio that gave us the Battle of Midway, but the YAK was a decent airplane too.

Hell we made missiles until the 1980 when the hittiles were finally developed/

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am here to offer some info on procomp crank and rods, this is to see if they are worth a shit, not to listen to your opinions reverse image search email checker port checker how I should bought a $1800 crank and $1300 set of rods bla.bla ..fact is scat..eagle..some luaniti , k1..molnar ,rpm..are all china made..so anyway i run a stock block class and im not putting a high $ crank and rod set in a $150 block, so i thought hell ill give this procomp china stuff a shot It was a whooping $642 to my door...forged 4340 crank and 4340 i beam rods i happen to have a new set of arp 2000 bolts that ill use, .crank physical looks great i mic the rod and main jounals and to my surprise are absolutely dead nuts on , i have not checked the big or small end on the rods, its a 351w main and sbc 2.1 rod size, ill have machine shop double check and then balance i will keep you posted on the final results on how much it cost to balance and any issues that did or did not come up
I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings, lol, but I bet "most" people own something made in china, "most" everyone does, lol, it just might not be in your engine or on your race car.

·
Idiot Savant
163,913 Posts
I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings, lol, but I bet "most" people own something made in china, "most" everyone does, lol, it just might not be in your engine or on your race car.
It goes way past "most." It is not driven by business, it is driven by a perfect storm of poor policies. Consumers want the lower prices, unions will happily bankrupt companies, and government regulations that don't exist offshore.

Back in the early days of Ford stroker kits I always kept 10 or 20 Scat billet crank for Windsors. When the Chinese cranks came in, I had to pretty much give them away to get rid of them.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts