Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Don’t matter, im sure its top notch..fact is if he has a rubber hose anywhere its china..hose clamps..china..more then likely his lug nuts are china, or the oil filter , plugs, msd cap..guess where it came from..im sure he rewired the car..o my well that wire came from ?? Oo..china..so he is full of shit on not buying China parts
Come check out my car faggot.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Who makes an American made performance dist cap? And who makes a 100% American made ignition box? 🤔
I have a whole lot of older Mallory stuff all made in the USA. If I needed to buy some new ignition components I would by Ice. Ice is manufactured in Australia.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Other than my Compstar rods and wheels on my wheelie bars if it can be bought American made it has been on my car. I bought the wheels from S&W but I believe they are chinese made. Even the aluminum, stainless and steel used in the parts I have machined on my car are American sourced material. I still have the certs on it all. I believe that's about as much as a guy can do now.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have a whole lot of older Mallory stuff all made in the USA. If I needed to buy some new ignition components I would by Ice. Ice is manufactured in Australia.
All the components inside their boxes are still made in China. Idk of anywhere else that manufactures capacitors and diodes that are not Chinese.

Hell, 99% of the competitive race cars out there run an msd grid full of Chinese components.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i am here to offer some info on procomp crank and rods, this is to see if they are worth a shit, not to listen to your opinions how I should bought a $1800 crank and $1300 set of rods bla.bla ..fact is scat..eagle..some luaniti , k1..molnar ,rpm..are all china made..so anyway i run a stock block class and im not putting a high $ crank and rod set in a $150 block, so i thought hell ill give this procomp china stuff a shot It was a whooping $642 to my door...forged 4340 crank and 4340 i beam rods i happen to have a new set of arp 2000 bolts that ill use, .crank physical looks great i mic the rod and main jounals and to my surprise are absolutely dead nuts on , i have not checked the big or small end on the rods, its a 351w main and sbc 2.1 rod size, ill have machine shop double check and then balance i will keep you posted on the final results on how much it cost to balance and any issues that did or did not come up
Did you use your Chinese mic ?

Steve

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow, you bunch of China loving fags just all got in a group right? If you were real hot-rodders you would take the GM factory crap and make power with that. It's not even that hard or expensive. I understand, the "I'm broke" part, but that does not mean "I have to buy China because it's better what I can get.". Please, put some Goddamn effort into your build instead of being so cheap and lazy. There are guys who have posted here with ported stock, cast piston bullshit making power, do your research instead making each other feel better about supporting the enemy.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Wow, you bunch of China loving fags just all got in a group right? If you were real hot-rodders you would take the GM factory crap and make power with that. It's not even that hard or expensive. I understand, the "I'm broke" part, but that does not mean "I have to buy China because it's better what I can get.". Please, put some Goddamn effort into your build instead of being so cheap and lazy. There are guys who have posted here with ported stock, cast piston bullshit making power, do your research instead making each other feel better about supporting the enemy.
99% of racers/hotrodders have msd equipment (msd grid) which is China made. You gonna get on everyone’s case about that too?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know that, which is why I don't run their junk. As a matter of fact, I just had a MSD coil fry it self on a customer car. > do realize at some point, China is inevitable because the job has to get done, but not when you have a choice. Holley/MSD can kiss my ass, I avoid buying their shit as much as humanly possible. Same for all the other crap. I realize the intent of this thread was to "see what my $5 can do" for a rotating assembly, buy why???? Stock GM is amazing for what it is. What the fuck is the communication problem? You really think you are getting 4340? Just because one or 10 assholes "lasted 10yrs" with no problems it makes it good? Not really, they probably built a lame motor that is not stressing anything. Think I'm wrong? Think I'm full of shit? Look up Dr. J, Joe Sherman, literally any "real" engine builder from back pre-China they will show you what factory stuff can do w/ brain's and work. Again, buying China is just lazy and stupid. Think of this, if you bought more American stuff, the price would go down down because of the volume...#supply/demand

·
Registered
928 Posts
I’ll take a set of anything over factory components. Scat, eagle, compstar, molnar technologies, It’s all forged in China and people are running 2000hp+ on this stuff. Must all be lame motors and under stressed at that power level.🙄 show me a set of anything that rolled out of Detroit that can handle that kind of hp.

·
Registered
642 Posts
And it seems no lessons are being learned from history.....
The stuff the Japs made in the 50s/60s, cars, machinery, electronics etc was junk. Thirty years later, the same Jap products are top notch. And I see history repeating itself with China. The stuff coming out of China is getting better & better all the time. China is going to be the world's largest economy, is well on it's way, whether we like it or not....

·
FHRITP
49,928 Posts
Don’t matter, im sure its top notch..fact is if he has a rubber hose anywhere its china..hose clamps..china..more then likely his lug nuts are china, or the oil filter , plugs, msd cap..guess where it came from..im sure he rewired the car..o my well that wire came from ?? Oo..china..so he is full of shit on not buying China parts
Nobody cares if you use china shit, just don’t be cryin here if it craters and kills everything else in the motor.
Stock block class? Seems ls would wreck the shit out of it

·
Registered
859 Posts
ryan is from Canada, what is made there?
holley efi is made in Canada. As well as a pile of OEM GM parts.

parts for our hot rod hobby are made all over the world. Nothing we can do about it. Your average hot rodder, isnt buying a Callie’s or windberg crank for his budget 383. He’s buying eagle. And will serve just well. And the people employed at eagle will be happy to make the sale. There’s certainly different degrees or levels of quality.

all a person can do is build and buy what their budget can afford. 👍

some people can afford a GM, some a Cadillac. And others above and below that.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts