Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the reason are that i see Steve M. mostly building procharged engines than twin turbo engines. It seems he leans toward prochargers as only from what i see on the net.

Steve, if you do have a preference, i would love to know what the reasons are. thanks

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I build them all really, i have single and twin turbo stuff and do alot of EFI, i just have a nitch developed for the ProCharger stuff and Blow through. mainly because that is what I do in my own car.

i will never tell you that turbos are not bad mothers. Each has thier place in the market and for power.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I was wondering what the reason are that i see Steve M. mostly building procharged engines than twin turbo engines. It seems he leans toward prochargers as only from what i see on the net.

Steve, if you do have a preference, i would love to know what the reasons are. thanks
As Steve said both blower and turbos can work very well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Its good to see somebody that does a lot of procharger stuff, it seems everybody thinks that only twin turbos can be competitive.Why run what everybody else runs, Prochargers make a lot of power and win a bunch of races. I think Steve is at the top for Procharged combinations, and stays on top of his competition.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a question that I asked before but never got a straight answer, how much more horsepower does a outlaw 10.5 twin turbo setup make over a single F3-139 EFI alcohol setup?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Both can run super-hard, the mistake I see alot of people make is not staying with it,getting impatient and switching to somethin' else (Hot Rod A.D.D., I call it.)

Follow Steve's advice, you WILL go far.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
At a 30 PSI level 400 to 500HP

at a 74000 rpm and more boost it has been figure at more.

I got some drive power numbers i will share at the seminar that are pretty outrageous.

Looks like F4 stuff is goiong to be better, waiting to see it go down the track though

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
you can definatly make more power with twin turbo over a procharger do to the drive loss rule of thumb is 11 hp per pound of boost lost with a procharger and about 7hp per pound of boost on a turbo. thats why you see a higher mph on a turbo setup over a blower. I have a procharger and like it alot but to me i dont care whats on my car what ever it takes to go fast i will use.

·
Registered
281 Posts
At a 30 PSI level 400 to 500HP

at a 74000 rpm and more boost it has been figure at more.

I got some drive power numbers i will share at the seminar that are pretty outrageous.

Looks like F4 stuff is goiong to be better, waiting to see it go down the track though
The dyno stage of testing is done. Its due to hit the track in a little over a week so stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The dyno stage of testing is done. Its due to hit the track in a little over a week so stay tuned.
As secretive as all this testing is. We appreciate as much info as possible. We are tentatively waiting to see what the F4 and Johns car can achieve.
I'm rooting for initial ET's sub 3.80's.
Could the F4 maiden run be the first to be twittered, wrench by wrench...LOL!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts