Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus' wondering what the "bad boy" of superchargers in Vortec is....compared to a Procharger F2? Meaning if a person had a blow-thru cog belt Procharger on a small block making over a 1000HP....and went to a Vortec set up?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Jus' wondering what the "bad boy" of superchargers in Vortec is....compared to a Procharger F2? Meaning if a person had a blow-thru cog belt Procharger on a small block making over a 1000HP....and went to a Vortec set up?
The most comparable would have to be the F2 and the Z-trim. The F2 is rated at 1600hp and flows 2800cfm. The Z-trim is rated at 1450hp and flows 1950cfm. The F2 has the edge on the Z-trim.

But, small block blow-thru makin a 1000hp? You don't need either one of those. You could do that with a F-1R or a Ysi....

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I have a feeling that Vortech is going to seriously step up to the plate over the next few years with some huge blowers. They have no choice if they want to be competitive if the racing world....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Vortech must rate their blowers differently than Procharger because the Z-trim will make the same power or more than the F-2. If you put them side by side the Z-trim is bigger, the volute diameter measures in between a F-2 and F-3.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Vortech must rate their blowers differently than Procharger because the Z-trim will make the same power or more than the F-2. If you put them side by side the Z-trim is bigger, the volute diameter measures in between a F-2 and F-3.
F2 rated at 1600hp and flows 2800cfm. Z-trim rated at 1450hp and flows 1950cfm (I think). Both are capable of making 1600hp....

Vortech is Very Conservative. Don't let the numbers in the Procharger brochure fool you.....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
thats not an xi-trim, its a v123
What is a V123 equivelant to in a Procharger and what does the I designation stand for in the Vortech line ?Say a V24Xtrim or a V24XI trim? They dont give specs on the V24XI blower is it a specialty blower that is not available to the public or is it the same as a V24 X ? Just trying to understand Vortechs line a little better . Thanks !

·
Registered
283 Posts
Vortech's V28-123 is designed to compete with the likes of the ProCharger F3-123. Notice the like numbered "123" in the model numbers. It denotes a 123mm inducer opening.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I hav e a Vortech 123 that at some point i will do some testing with and I will post it all up. Look nice, Chris gets all the goodies though. lol
Steve hurry up and test that thing, we need to know if there is more secret stuff in this blower. ;)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I saw the Vortech V-30 for a second in a video on Youtube. The damn blower is so big it looks fake. Can't wait to see some testing numbers with that blower.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts