Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen lots of posts about ProCharger gear boxs, pitched belts etc. I am curious just how much problems you can expect on a ProCharger F3 when you start to run serious boost and rpm's with the inevitable problems like tire shake and peddling?

It seems with things like 5-1 gear mutiplication and high impeller speed that anything that suddenly changes the blower speed would be putting a hell of a strain on things. I am not trying to bash ProCharger ( I hope to use one and know all race car parts are prone to failure) at all just trying to get a resonable expectation of cost of ownership after purchase.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Richard Gavle

·
Registered
687 Posts
the key to having no problems is making sure everything is mounted true and straight. Its well worth the money to pay someone to make sure everything is setup correct. I ran a f-3r with a belt for 2 years and could run one belt for the whole year

·
Registered
614 Posts
doesn't matter if the gear mult is in the gearbox or elsewhere. if the blower speed is 60000, its 60000. still a strain when you pedal it. like the others have said, get it aligned and make sure its braced very well

·
Registered
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a paxton on a stage 3 426 wedge in a street/strip demon back in 1980, it had an internal ball bearing friction drive to give multiplication to the impeller. I used to pray to that thing every morning before I ran it ;)

Richard Gavle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts