Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a SBF with a rev rotation F1X, I do not race a class so no requirements on size, At what point would i need to consider a F2 or F3? And will the bolt in place directly?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
You need to consider a bigger blower when you have maxed out what you have and want to go faster. Are you maxing out what you have? Do you have a chassis, transmission, rear end and fuel system that can support more hp?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
An F2 is not a worthwhile upgrade at all from a F1x, especially if you are spinning the F1x pretty high already. Your next logical step would be a F3-121, but that would probably add 10-15psi and it takes a pretty healthy SB to run one of those to its potential.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am finishing the engine build now and plan on 1100-1250rwhp on E85 just wasnt sure when they blower swap needs to be done. Also was not sure if the F3 bolted in place of the F1X.

Thanks for ithe input.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hope your F1x lasts longer than my friends did 6 dyno pulls then 2 easy passes at the track then boom impeller touched down blower is junk and procharger wants $2500 to fix it and they have had it for 2 months with no return date yet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heads Yates c3 flow 377 at 700 lift, Cubes 374.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
I would buy -12 version seems like people are not breaking them. I have 370" motor and make over 30lb boost with F1x way before I shift. Thats with pretty good overlap on cam. You don't need anymore blower it's enough to go 4.60s in the 1/8 mile if car is setup. Putting an F3 on that little motor would be 50lb boost turned up

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I will see how this unit does. Steve Morris is making me a cam for my goals.
My car is a 25.2 chassis with 4 link and 9 inch rear end. 33X18 Hoosiers and motor is set up for big boost.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
If that's what you want to do with a f3 121. You don't have to turn it max rpm to play with the car.
Feel like shifting at 9500?

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Does your wallet match the size of your nuts?:p
Go big or go home!:p
Just kidding you, need more folks running chargers like you,IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts