Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 532 Bbc on nitrous in a stock suspension car that we grudge race and I want to convert to alcohol and put a F4 or 3 on it will I be happy or should i just leave it alone we only shoot about 250-350 nos I really need some input before I buy this set-up this week-end how hard are they to get set up exct.

·
Registered
372 Posts
WELL the bigger ones like an f4 might be a little different to set up. definitely would have to run a cooler..
nitrous is a lot cheaper. if you know how to tune

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My opinion all pros, but there is no sneaking up on any one with a blower that sounds like the car is coming apart lol. I would def ditch the nitrous, once you go boost you never go back

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what will I need for boost controls or what not

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,335 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the switch. Ton more power and cheaper fuel costs

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
New fuel pump, fuel feed & return lines, reulator, the procharger unit & hardware (if your adding only 250 to it with Nos go side slinger F2 if its a street car or F3 gear drive if you have the room in front). Tubing, cooler or / and a meth /water inj set up. Double keyed crank if you haven't already got one. Blowthru carb, decent hat, cam, locked out dizzy and if you have anything left over an MSD 7531. Figure on between $9k-$10k to swapping over with all the right parts. Spend a few months sneaking up on the tune from real conservative & you will wonder why you didn't do this waaaaay back. You will easily get 1,200hp and if you switch to E85 or alcohol with the appropriate carb you could maybe ditch the cooler & inj set ups and add another 200-300hp to that with a real easy tune. Lean on it and you could be in the 1,600+hp range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts