I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
Kevin call me phucker you forgot
Im running a small procharger on an older 5.7 its easy

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Is it an EFI motor ?

If so, either find someone that knows what their doing tuning it (hard to find) or swap it to a carb and go blow thru.

We've got a Pro Systems 950 on a relatively stock 509 in a 25 Checkmate, runs 80 (on GPS) on 6psi...M-3SC blower.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it an EFI motor ?

If so, either find someone that knows what their doing tuning it (hard to find) or swap it to a carb and go blow thru.

We've got a Pro Systems 950 on a relatively stock 509 in a 25 Checkmate, runs 80 (on GPS) on 6psi...M-3SC blower.

YES...IT'S EFI....GSI VOLVO PENTA....WITH AN SX DRIVE.....M-3CS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANYONE?.........HELP

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Anyone thats a ProCharger dealer should be able to get the system for you, I guess we have no dealers on this site ? :p

They (ProCharger) tells you that you dont need to reprogram the ECM to run the blower, which is bullshit. Their "fix" for not needed a retune is to remove the thermostat so the motor run dead cold and then use their fuel pressure regulator to jack the fuel psi way up to over come the lean. The reality is that in doing that, that makes it ok under you start running it hard even with the fuel PSI jacked up, its still lean.

Thats the setup that was on dads when he bought it (502 EFI with those band aids) what a fuckin joke. A little research over on Offshoreonly.com will get you the same info...thats why I suggested go blow thru or aftermarket EFI if you have the $$$.

Also get ready for a prop change...or a couple...to find out which pitch you will need.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone thats a ProCharger dealer should be able to get the system for you, I guess we have no dealers on this site ? :p

They (ProCharger) tells you that you dont need to reprogram the ECM to run the blower, which is bullshit. Their "fix" for not needed a retune is to remove the thermostat so the motor run dead cold and then use their fuel pressure regulator to jack the fuel psi way up to over come the lean. The reality is that in doing that, that makes it ok under you start running it hard even with the fuel PSI jacked up, its still lean.

Thats the setup that was on dads when he bought it (502 EFI with those band aids) what a fuckin joke. A little research over on Offshoreonly.com will get you the same info...thats why I suggested go blow thru or aftermarket EFI if you have the $$$.

Also get ready for a prop change...or a couple...to find out which pitch you will need.
THE MOTOR HAS 5 HOURS OF BREAK IN.....RUNS ABOUT 62+ (GPS).....I'LL DO A FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE...OR WHATEVER IS NECESSARY.....JUST NEED SOME DEALER SUPPORT;)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ANYONE?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris Tuten
The Muffler Shop of Columbia
803-252-5595