Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a list of broken pro chargers so far in 2014, what broke, what size procharger, belt or drive
How old since rebuild ( how many passes). If you have already got it or them back how much was the repair and how long did it take.

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will start.

New f-3r ( reverse belt) main bearing went out thrashed everything
10 atemped passes on it, 3 full passes. Never spun over 62k

Also broke

Older f-3x unknown amount of passes on it unknown for sure was told fresh when I got it, bought it used
I made around 30 with it, sheared off shaft the pulley hooks to.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
5 - F1x's all same bearing issue. Some spun past 72k some not. 1 never made it out of the burnout box. $1000 -$1800 to fix depending on how bad it granaded.

1 - F3 121 same bearing issue. Worked while we were under spining it (10 passes) as soon as we put the right gear in the drive to spin it close to 72K it broke in 2 passes, never saw anything more than 71,5K. Not sure on repair cost yet waiting to hear from PC.

Chris alston gear drive.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
5 - F1x's all same bearing issue. Some spun past 72k some not. 1 never made it out of the burnout box. $1000 -$1800 to fix depending on how bad it granaded.

1 - F3 121 same bearing issue. Worked while we were under spining it (10 passes) as soon as we put the right gear in the drive to spin it close to 72K it broke in 2 passes, never saw anything more than 71,5K. Not sure on repair cost yet waiting to hear from PC.

Chris alston gear drive.

Are they making you pay every time your F1X grenades??

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
How about a list of broken pro chargers so far in 2014, what broke, what size procharger, belt or drive
How old since rebuild ( how many passes). If you have already got it or them back how much was the repair and how long did it take.
Did procharger open your box today?

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did procharger open your box today?
I just got off the phone with Sergio he had questions, so yes they have opened the box.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys, you need to park up all this unreliable sh*t. Get yourselves a couple of Precision Turbos and make lots of power with reliability. This sh*t that you guys are doing is costly and way overated, Regards

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
518 BBC Chirs Alston Drive

Bought used F2 with unknown amount of passes and sent in to get freshened and oil pump clocked- 4 dyno pulls and 8 passes then crashed impeller
Rebuilt F2- crashed impeller first pass wasn't repairable
Bought brand new F2- crashed impeller first pass
Got new F2 back from repair-crashed impeller first pass
Got new F2 repaired again...haven't opened the box.
Everytime I was pretty much told it was something on my car causing it...
meanwhile I bought another F2 and did some modification to it myself and haven't had a single problem thus far...ive overspun it and peddled it and surged it with no breakage yet...10 passes on it so far.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
518 BBC Chirs Alston Drive

Bought used F2 with unknown amount of passes and sent in to get freshened and oil pump clocked- 4 dyno pulls and 8 passes then crashed impeller
Rebuilt F2- crashed impeller first pass wasn't repairable
Bought brand new F2- crashed impeller first pass
Got new F2 back from repair-crashed impeller first pass
Got new F2 repaired again...haven't opened the box.
Everytime I was pretty much told it was something on my car causing it...
meanwhile I bought another F2 and did some modification to it myself and haven't had a single problem thus far...ive overspun it and peddled it and surged it with no breakage yet...10 passes on it so far.
Man, that sounds EXPENSIVE!

What modifications did you do to the last one. I'm curious...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
curious, do turbo's have failure rates also
Everything has failures, it's how often and how they are handled. Procharger chooses to hide there head in the sand and hope that the consumers keep paying for there failures.

·
Registered
645 Posts
F1r, CDS Gear Drive(was running all black bushings, after blower broke i put the red bushings on blower side)- 7200rpm w #50 gear set 1.750 = 68040 rpm

Broke all the gears- did not mess up impeller etc-- was told it was a total rebuild... $1400.00 ,, shipped and got back within 7 or 8 working days(i 2nd day air to them)..

I had 14 passes- most aborted due to spin etc-- new combo working out- i think i had 3 or so full passes and it broke about 600' out on one of the full passes.. I bought it from a yb memeber that said only had dyno pulls... I did over spin once or twice when i spun-- but they told me that wouldnt cause the problem-- it was majory over spun for a long time to break the way it was-- but i know i didnt do it!!!

2- bov's installed- 1pre and 1 after Ic!!

Have only made 4 passes since got it back-- ive had other things happen and havent raced since...

When it come back it has ZERO blower whine, before it broke the whine was LOUD!!!!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,630 Posts
WHEN THESE THINGS ARE TOUCHING DOWN....IS IT BREAKING THE DRIVE COUPLINGS?....OR DOES IT JUST STOP EVERYTHING?

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WHEN THESE THINGS ARE TOUCHING DOWN....IS IT BREAKING THE DRIVE COUPLINGS?....OR DOES IT JUST STOP EVERYTHING?
With mine it tried to push the volute off, broke the bolts and striped them and ground everything off the impeller, and blew a bunch of aluminum pieces through my engine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
With mine it tried to push the volute off, broke the bolts and striped them and ground everything off the impeller, and blew a bunch of aluminum pieces through my engine.
Size, quantity being relative to the answer, what kind of engine damage did it cause? Or did you somehow shut down fast enough and break it down and clean it?

1 - 20 of 284 Posts