Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yates headed 427 that I am going to convert over from NA to a supercharger and do some class racing. I am going to use a blowthrough e-85 carb. The rules are as follows... I would rather run less weight and smaller charger, but please give me opinions.

- Single YSI / F1A Supercharger (SB Only) - 3,000 lbs.
- Single F1C Supercharger (SB Only) - 3,100 lbs.
- Single XI / F1R Supercharger (SB Only) - 3,200 lbs

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
If its Mean Street, I dont think the f1x or xb105 are allowed. Id go with the F1r/Xi at 3200 for SEVERAL reasons!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I'd run the R if you are allowed an inter cooler,The Voteck is supposedly better if you don't have an inter-cooler, but to tell you the truth I haven't had to opportunity to work on cars with the smaller blowers on your list... Could you get your car light enough to take advantage of the smaller blowers??

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will come in around 3000 with the sb 427 right now including driver so the charger will add about 100 total.. I will be around 3100-3150 so I could use the R. Not planning on an intercooler just the e-85.

I have found a used R for 2050 shipped. It has never been back to them for service. It is about 8 years old done lots of sitting... Think it is worth the price or should I look into new or look for a ysi/xi since they seem to be more efficient charge temp wise.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I'm a YSI fan, but given you are going blow thru on e85,go with the f1r

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they also allow the XI vs the f1r.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
IMO -At those weights,and for the motor size, the F1R and Xi have the advantage, not to mention that it will be easier to get the weight where you want it, and using that weight to get it off the line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts