Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the open version but think its going to be too loud for my 95% street car..
If it was a 95% strip car it would be no big deal..
i am thinking of trading for the closed version and running a hose towards the rear of the car..maybe with a small filter on it in an attempt to add some stealth.. i am told it might whistle or be louder when it blows off, but should be quiter in general..
The F-16 sound is cool, :rolleyes:but maybe not all the time while crusing..

Which do you guys prefer and what is your setup like?

·
Registered
832 Posts
When you say too loud, when do you mean? Just cruising or when it blows off pressure when you let out of it?

I have the small black open one and when cruising you can't hear it at all. You hear the blower whine much louder. Now when it first opens after being closed you can hear it whoosh big time but only for a second.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its so loud that its all you can hear while gently accelerating and at cruz which is maybe 2krpm...it sounds like a giant hissing snake! you can hardly hear the engine..once you go past about half throttle the valve closes and then you can hear the whine and the engine and the fun begins...ive heard you can adjust the hex bolt on the valve but we have not yet.. We have a good vacuum source tapped into the intake and T 'ed with the brake booster. i love the blowoff sound it makes but the bypass noise is defeaning..

·
Registered
832 Posts
It sounds like the valve is only opening part way?? At idle when you look in there is the valve all the way open? I also would not expect the valve to close at half throttle like yours does. It really shouldn't close until 0 vacuum or WOT.

My boost gauge is T-ed to the same source as my blow off valve. Is yours? If not, I think you should do that so you can see on the gauge what vacuum you have when it is hissing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts