Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Dave W. from procharger , it's time to go racing ...is this strong enough ??? 5/8 bolt on bottom bolt , attached to frame with 1/2 bolts ,( gr.#8 ) 1-1/8" crome moly rod.......

·
Confused Racer
42,091 Posts
thats gonna launch the belt for sure. No bracket from the blower can be on the frame, nor is one needed.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
wow

yea thats a bad idea..what is your problem that you came up with this??

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
thats gonna launch the belt for sure. No bracket from the blower can be on the frame, nor is one needed.
That's actually not a bad place for the bracket as long as the motor is not moving. I'd hate to see him make the blower mount firm and find out the motor is moving and throwing the belts. The blower is always pulled forward and down towards the crankshaft as the belt get tighter. My bar is horizontal and attached to the cage. Same belt for two years now at 35lbs of boost.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's actually not a bad place for the bracket as long as the motor is not moving. I'd hate to see him make the blower mount firm and find out the motor is moving and throwing the belts. The blower is always pulled forward and down towards the crankshaft as the belt get tighter. My bar is horizontal and attached to the cage. Same belt for two years now at 35lbs of boost.
street car , no cage on the inside of the motor area ! cage mounts to frame under master cyl. only a 8.90 car here !:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
advice from "Dave W. " @ procharger , yellow bullet fans , and my fkin' wallet from smacking the hood and 4 belts in one weekend .......any questions ???:cool:
The last time I checked, I don't think I recommended that you: 1) Go out and buy a bottom plate to a leaf spring 2) Then bolt it to your frame. If I remember correctly I said you needed to come up with a RIGID MOUNT for your blower brace. That way you would have a good way of PRELOADING the blower, so you can keep your belts from flying OFF! I clearly can not take credit for your INGENUITY!

My idea: WELD a bracket (not JB Weld) to your frame, that way you are able to push the blower back (PRELOAD) to keep the blower from tipping in under boost. Also I believe I asked you to make sure that the motor was solidly mounted. Any flex can cause an issue with belt alignment under a load (boost). We have plenty of customers that have been successful with this set-up. There is no reason we can't help you make your's a success.

Remember: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. (Unless you hold their head under.):p

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The last time I checked, I don't think I recommended that you: 1) Go out and buy a bottom plate to a leaf spring 2) Then bolt it to your frame. If I remember correctly I said you needed to come up with a RIGID MOUNT for your blower brace. That way you would have a good way of PRELOADING the blower, so you can keep your belts from flying OFF! I clearly can not take credit for your INGENUITY!

My idea: WELD a bracket (not JB Weld) to your frame, that way you are able to push the blower back (PRELOAD) to keep the blower from tipping in under boost. Also I believe I asked you to make sure that the motor was solidly mounted. Any flex can cause an issue with belt alignment under a load (boost). We have plenty of customers that have been successful with this set-up. There is no reason we can't help you make your's a success.

Remember: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. (Unless you hold their head under.):p
no you said make a brace i'm just asking if that'll do ...solid mounts , mid plate solid trans mount .....this is no good ???:confused:

I DESIGNED THIS NOT DAVE W. ....geeeezzzeeeeee:)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I say gear drive and screw all the brackets and belts:cool:

Tom Mauro
Tom Mauro's Camaro will see duty in NMCA Super Street. We are fitting it with a F3R ProCharger.
Updated: May 25, 2008 10:55am CDT

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
This the brace you need:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

Edit caption:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
nohook hope you get it all sorted out, maybe ya shoulda e-mailed Dave W this picture and not put on here?? Do we need popcorn???:smt075

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Was there something wrong with welding a chassis tab on the frame directly below the tab on the blower?

I don't mean to badmouth, but damn, that looks hoosier.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts