Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with one of the four 15lb nitrous bottles that I have. I can get 3 passes out of each bottle except for 1 that falls off during the second pass. These are all new bottles that were purchased at the begining of this season. Any ideas on what would cause this. I fill my own bottles so I know that is not the issue. :confused:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
pick up tube loose...
drain the bottle and remove the valve and check for leaks

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
How do you guys remove the valve? I have a brand-new NOS 10lb bottle that leaked all the nitrous out on me! I was told there is an o-ring between the valve and bottle but I can't get that valve to budge!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had to take one apart a few weeks ago. I used a ratchet strap and some rags and cinched it up against a pole. took a 15' cresent wrench and it came right off..... After i fought with it for an hour:rolleyes: OH yeah , put just a touch of wd-40 on the o-ring when you put it back together...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the valve out of the bottle last night and checked the tube. No cracks in it and it was not loose. I even pressure tested it with air and submerged the whole assembly in water to verify that nothing was leaking. The tube length looks correct as it is about 3/4" from the bottom of the bottle and the bend is going towards the bottom when the bottle is mounted in the car. Anything else I should check?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts