Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a inline sbf is there a left or right piston. Deferent part #? Ordered 2 replacement pistons week and half ago, everthing on shelf cool. Call last friday to see where they are. Had to wait on rings but they went out that morning. Ok. Called back today and was told they tried to call me back to see if they were left or right bank. All 8the original pistons had the same part #. Did i miss something?

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
On a inline sbf is there a left or right piston. Deferent part #? Ordered 2 replacement pistons week and half ago, everthing on shelf cool. Call last friday to see where they are. Had to wait on rings but they went out that morning. Ok. Called back today and was told they tried to call me back to see if they were left or right bank. All 8the original pistons had the same part #. Did i miss something?
Got a pic of them? Ask Mark O'Neal on here, about your application.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks thats what i thought. This is the third motor ive built with their pistons. Guy messed me up asking left or right. Got me thinking if they were doing something with their pistons i didnt know of. LOL!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'm using probe domes in my sbc, and all of them have the same part number. Noticed the wasnt a left or right piston as with valve layout with sbc's;( ex/int-int/ex)Called probe in Calif, told em all the pistons were exactly the same along with having the same part number. The smartass told me "you'll figure it out" and hung up. Long story short I guess I did cause I've been runnin em since 07.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Probe takes the easy way out and cuts both valve reliefs with enough radial clearance to clear the intake valve. Itll work in either position.

Saves them money. Only one machine setup to do all the pistons.

·
Long Live The King
102,849 Posts
Thanks thats what i thought. This is the third motor ive built with their pistons. Guy messed me up asking left or right. Got me thinking if they were doing something with their pistons i didnt know of. LOL!
Sound like a stall tactic ..................

G

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea. Went thru the same thing with a trans shop out of fla. It would be alot better to the truth instead of bs.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
nope. all 8 are the same. intake relief goes on chamfered side of rod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts