Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 316 Posts

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
I give him props for being truthful. And what he is asking for is fair because they should have check it to . With this tread i wouldn't do any work with that company . Its seems to have bad custmer services....

Not only that I'm very opinionated.

For example...my opinion of you is that you are an idiot.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
I give him props for being truthful. And what he is asking for is fair because they should have check it to . With this tread i wouldn't do any work with that company . Its seems to have bad custmer services....
Uh huh, the customer is "telling the truth", says he fucked-up and did something stupid, and you want to call it "bad customer service" because the vendor doesn't want to give him free parts. Are you a mental case?

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
i guess i have been lucky. i will check everything from here on out. i have the guys name wrote down at home i will get it for u mark. like i said i havent had or got a attitude with anyone. i just would have like a little help since i have been a decent customer over the past few months, did i screw up by not checking yes i guess i did, will i check them now yes i will. i got good service from their product in the past so i figured no need to check this one, all i asked for was a little help and they bascially blew me off like i didnt matter.
I haven't spoken with Manny yet....but Manny is terminally polite so I really doubt he said anything offensive.

Eric remembers the conversation. You explained the problem, he asked you the bearing clearances.....you asked him what they were...he asked if you checked them.....you said no....he asked if you even plastiguaged them...you said no. He explained that you have to check the bearing clearances......(and here's where you went awry).....you told him that he didn't know what he's talking about...you've been building engines for ten years and you never checked clearances.

So that's the general gist of it. This is 100% your error. We sell parts...we also have excellent customer service. However we can't read minds. If a customer asks a question, no matter how elementary, we will answer it, We will (and have) tried to teach a guy how to use a dial bore gauge over the phone...we normally go the extra mile.

My guys know what they are talking about. They are racers, and they are experienced engine builders. I won't hire the average NAPA counterman, because our customer base is, for the most part, more experienced than even we are and most of them don't want to talk to someone that has no clue what they are saying.

The truth here is that you made 100% of the error and expect us to pay for it. While I personally would probably have done it (after making fun of you for a while) Eric acted correctly.

We stand behind everything we say and do. We cannot stand behind everything you (and 20,000 other customers) say and do.

Now...if you sell a kit and your customer puts it together without torquing the rod and main bolts...will you replace it?

This part is sort of harsh, and I really don't mean to be, but if you are building motors and selling them....stop. Today. Bolting a collection of parts together is not the same thing as building engines.

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
Phil Cook is assembling my short block with Probe pistons and he is really impressed with their quality and customer service. He uses a ton of their parts in his engines with very good luck but I guarantee he checks the clearances..........

Ain't Phil a great guy?

We've been working together since our sons were in strollers.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Well You guys have obviously missed something..... GET TO THE NEWBIE THREAD FUCKSTICK...Jesus christ 2nd post on here and he's calling out a whole company...

I also have used probe pistons and have friends running them also.. thanks for the outstanding product Mark..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ain't Phil a great guy?

We've been working together since our sons were in strollers.

Yeah he is for sure! Phil is awesome! Hopefully my shit will be done next week. Like I said I know he has great luch with your stuff and I knew that you all knew eachother pretty well. How much am I gonna be able to spray on my BBC Nitrous pistons anyway?

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
Well You guys have obviously missed something..... GET TO THE NEWBIE THREAD FUCKSTICK...Jesus christ 2nd post on here and he's calling out a whole company...

I also have used probe pistons and have friends running them also.. thanks for the outstanding product Mark..
You're welcome.

Get new ones next time....:smt044

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
Yeah he is for sure! Phil is awesome! Hopefully my shit will be done next week. Like I said I know he has great luch with your stuff and I knew that you all knew eachother pretty well. How much am I gonna be able to spray on my BBC Nitrous pistons anyway?
As long as the tune is good you're fine with pretty much whatever you want to do. That piston is .230 thick through the deck and a .360 top land.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
you all can call me a idiot all u want, i have never checked clearance on rod i dont do this for a living it is my engine, have built many engine and never done this i do know what checking the clearance is eric talked to my stepfather cause i didnt order the kit he did. who does this at home and has a complete machine shop there, not many people, i NEVER said probe products r junk i asked a question i never bashed the company or anyone. i still have 2 engine with probe parts that run great with no problems and have athird waiting to be assembled. i thought what i was asking is fair i admitted my fuck up for not checking rod clearance i dont have a dial gauge at home. i did check the side clearance and ring gap as eric told me when i had my first problem while assembling the engine. he never said to check the rod size, for the money spent i assumed it was good.

for all of u who want to hate and bash me go ahead its easy to call someone a dumbass behind a computer, like i said i admitted my screw up most of u would prob blame someone else.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
you all can call me a idiot all u want, i have never checked clearance on rod i dont do this for a living it is my engine, have built many engine and never done this i do know what checking the clearance is eric talked to my stepfather cause i didnt order the kit he did. who does this at home and has a complete machine shop there, not many people, i NEVER said probe products r junk i asked a question i never bashed the company or anyone. i still have 2 engine with probe parts that run great with no problems and have athird waiting to be assembled. i thought what i was asking is fair i admitted my fuck up for not checking rod clearance i dont have a dial gauge at home. i did check the side clearance and ring gap as eric told me when i had my first problem while assembling the engine. he never said to check the rod size, for the money spent i assumed it was good.

for all of u who want to hate and bash me go ahead its easy to call someone a dumbass behind a computer, like i said i admitted my screw up most of u would prob blame someone else.

I spent $2,800 on my 398 short block of cast steel crank, billet I beam rods and forged pistons. I got the motor about 6 months after assembly. About a year later I took it somewhere else to get the top end done. Guy said he was going to check bottom end. I didn't want to spend the money. He told me he wouldn't charge me any labor only parts. So I had him check it all over. Only to find my bearing tolerences were tighter than a stock 302 on the main bearings, and rod bearings.

I should have called CHP. But the new engine assymbier did and though I didn't see a dime back it saved me some money in the long run... Glad I kept my cool and got over it. It was the first time I spent almost $20,000 in 2 years for performance parts for a car. I'm glad I learned from my mistake... Be aware of who is doing what and what they are doing....

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
I spent $2,800 on my 398 short block of cast steel crank, billet I beam rods and forged pistons. I got the motor about 6 months after assembly. About a year later I took it somewhere else to get the top end done. Guy said he was going to check bottom end. I didn't want to spend the money. He told me he wouldn't charge me any labor only parts. So I had him check it all over. Only to find my bearing tolerences were tighter than a stock 302 on the main bearings, and rod bearings.

I should have called CHP. But the new engine assymbier did and though I didn't see a dime back it saved me some money in the long run... Glad I kept my cool and got over it. It was the first time I spent almost $20,000 in 2 years for performance parts for a car. I'm glad I learned from my mistake... Be aware of who is doing what and what they are doing....

How long ago?

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
Well...there was a time when I wouldn't have bought a booger from us. That was about dead center.

When I unloaded my partner I fired every one of those guys.

I can only apologize and, if you need anything, I'll try to make it right.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Back when the old Fart (aka George Klass) worked there, I think it was about 2001-2002, I bought a 347 "pro street fighter" complete engine w/ "stage 3" cnc ported victor jr. heads. This was my first performance motor and I was totally clueless about the technical aspect but just wanted to go fast. I was very excited when I got the motor and got it in the car, it was the fastest thing that I had ever driven or owned but there was something very strange when the motor would hit about 6200 rpm's. It was like the motor hit a wall and wouldn't rev anymore, since I was not very knowledgeable at that time, I just figured the hydraulic roller cam was just giving out. Well, I later found out that when the motor was assembled, nobody checked the valve spring height with the suggested cam. George had sugguested a "popular grind" of .544 .573 lift and it did make good power but with the 1.73 rockers it was just too much for the installed springs. Later I decided I wanted to upgrade to a solid roller so when we disassembled the heads the keepers were digging into the retainers and the "reason" for my rpm problems was solved. It was just one of those things that didn't get checked. I didn't let it bother me and have since bought parts from Probe/CHP and have had good customer service and the price is very reasonable. Also, Mark seems very willing to give technical advice to people when it has come from years of hard work and experience. I will buy parts from them in the future!

·
Idiot Savant
160,405 Posts
From back in those day I have seen engines with standard bearings and a .010 crank...I have seen them with the rod and main caps not torqued. One guy he hired sent out a years worth of Windsor strokers with the heads torqued to 75 instead of 105. I spent 100 grand fixing the damn things.

He refused to pay a guy a decent wage to build motors.

I find it's cheaper to pay the right guy. I don't have to be afraid to surface in public.

Someday ask me about him and his fucking Chinese oil pans.......but I'll probably get a little excited.......

21 - 40 of 316 Posts