Yellow Bullet Forums banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Butch
8,201 Posts
You are on drugs and FOS,

NOBODY refers to .0005 as 5 thousands.... PERIOD
You are correct lol

It was a typo at midnight. My nights are about 3 hours currently and is catching up QUICK

·
Butch
8,201 Posts
That's kinda tight.....:smt102

Am I the only one that has to count the zeros. (10ths, 100ths, thousanths.....)
LOL looks like I have too at midnight :smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Idiot Savant
160,452 Posts
To the op, I feel your pain. My dad has been assembling engines for about 5 years now. Does the same thing every time. Takes the Rotating assembly to the machine shop, after they give him the bearings, frost plugs, install the cam bearings, gaskets, etc... he goes home and assembles the motor. did over 20 hp circle track engines this way. Well lone behold when it is time for my 408 to be freshened they gave him std bearings when the crank is 10/10. Its marked on the crank, its in that engines book, I even checked the order to make sure we had the right bearings coming. Well guess what, .0135 is to much for the crank, and .0125 is to much for the rods. When I tore my motor down(with a big gaping hole in the block) I flipped when I saw std bearings in it. The machine shop never looked at the crank, they got us std bearings. they also claim it is my dad's fault for not checking the clearences. I don't deal with that machine shop any more. They refused to even give me jobber cost on replacement parts. Is it his fault for not checking,yes. Is it their fault for not getting us the correct bearing, yes. I guess my point is that when you order a rotating assembly, you expect it to be right. especially if it is already balanced IE(ready to drop in). I do not disagree with the Ops request to replace a few rods that were obviously not sized the same as the others.

If you go to Applebee's and order chicken....but the waiter brings you a ribeye.......and you eat the whole thing.........

Will they let you exchange it for the correct order?

At the point you consume it...you accept responsibility.

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
Right before I fired the guy we had this conversation:

Me: "Why did you use these clearances?"

Him: "Because that I what I got."

Me: "Are you an engine builder or just an assembler."

Him: "I'm an engine builder"

Me: "Cool....okay.....why did you use these clearances?"

Me: "Cool....okay.....why did you use these clearances?"

Me: "Get out of my office."

I don't think he's figured it out to this day........
I was just reading and found that to be hilarious, lol!

By the way, a buddy of mine has a 347 from you guys and it has been good for 5 years now.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
To reply, or not to reply...that is the question.

Mark, you have way too much money. It would have been far cheaper to just send the OP a new shortblock rather than spending the time you did in this thread. In that regard I expect you to send me part number 14893-DM-C421 or I will start a totally irrellevant thread where you are not at fault and slag you mercilessly (sp). I will also ignore the various engine builders, expert and you in order to achieve my goals.
In addition I will require a list of suppliers who will capitulate in a similar fashion so I may build my car with the sense of entitlement it so richly deserves.
Hurry up asshole.

(They tell me its a bad sign when you laugh at your own material)

PS sometimes its a good feeling to know there are people dumber than you are.

·
102,312 Posts
Hey O'Neal I got the 7-8 estimates you sent me I asked for. Where are the engines? Oh wait do I have to send money for those? :-D

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Hey O'Neal I got the 7-8 estimates you sent me I asked for. Where are the engines? Oh wait do I have to send money for those? :-D
Gunny didnt you hear??

All you have to do is screw up something and Ol' Markie here will replace it.

Matter fact, my hi-lo battery is dead Mark, I need a new one, I'll expect the tracking number soon thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

on edit: I have a couple mexicans that are pretty slow workers, send me a couple in that shipment, on your dime of course thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
go to your local track and talk talk talk to racers. ask every question you can think of and then some. who builds your motors? would be a good question if you are building a motor. can i get your engine builders phone number i have some questions. i recentley had a new motor built. i knew from my race buddies it had to be balanced, but i purchased my rotateing assembly PRE-BALANCED i paid extra for this. so i thought since i paid extra for it to be balanced by EAGLE it was ready to go. well my buddy told me no so you still have to get it checked you do not want any issues. ISSUES is a word racers hate. i remember when i first started hanging around hot rodders i would here a guy say his motor had been balanced and bluprinted. i thought this was something you did when building your motor to make it faster. then i found out it was commom policy when building a motor. you have never heard of a motor being balanced and bluprinted? and wonderd what that meant. remember no issues

301 - 316 of 316 Posts