Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 200 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I NOT SAYING THAT I'M RICH.JUST IT PART OF RUNNING A COMPANY...AND IF AND WHEN I BUILD A MOTOR I CHECK ALL MY PARTS TO MAKE SURE THERE RIGHT BEFOR I PUT IT TOGETHER.....BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF GUYS OUT THERE THAT BUILD THERE MOTORS IN THERE HOME SHOPS THAT DON'T...AND THEY EXPECT THAT WHERE THEY BUY THERE KITS FROM ALREADY DID IT FOR THEM THATS WHY THEY BUY KITS.......AND FOR SOME DUMBASS REASON YOU FOLKS THINK I CAN'T BUILDED A MOTOR RIGHT AND THATS NOT WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING..WHAT I'M SAY IS THAT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE I WOULD HAVE REPLACED THE THREE RODS..IT BAD DEAL FOR BOTH PARTYS.AND WITH THIS LONG THREAD PROBE HAS LOST AT LEAST TWO FUTURE SALES THATS ALL.......SOME TIME WHEN YOUR RIGHT YOUR STILL WRONG.....
In the early 70's we were building Briggs mini bike engines and we even used plasticgage then ...... and there wasn't even bearings in the rods .... but we wound those motors up ....... It was engrained in me that if you checked everything and did it right it didn't come apart ........ no different then hanging a nose on a car ....... some people were just like you guys paint the phuckin parts before a test fit ........ its amazing to me the amount of uneducated people out there......... Its classified as "COMMON SENSE" in my book ......... I won't bring politics in this discussion :confused:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
In the early 70's we were building Briggs mini bike engines and we even used plasticgage then ...... and there wasn't even bearings in the rods .... but we wound those motors up ....... It was engrained in me that if you checked everything and did it right it didn't come apart ........ no different then hanging a nose on a car ....... some people were just like you guys paint the phuckin parts before a test fit ........ its amazing to me the amount of uneducated people out there......... Its classified as "COMMON SENSE" in my book ......... I won't bring politics in this discussion :confused:
Why do you keep thinking that its my engine thats not built right...I just see both sides..And the shop that built my pro stock motor Haded to put three sets of piston in it tell the piston manufacture got the angles and pitch right..And my builder has built championship engines...So even the best of the best make mistakes.....And mark don't where I won't be doing any business with your company..And i have never maded the mistakes that I'm getting blamed for...I just don't understand how you think its good business to nick-pick over a few pennys...And thats what I don't agree with. And for some reason I've been called everthing for retard. To having no comon sense ?????? So best of luck to you an have nice day....

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts
as far as my location there r no trust worthy machine shops, i live in south georgia, i am taking the crank to jacksonville fl, to be machine and he doesn't know if he can resize the style rods i have.

Where is Jacksonville are you taking it?? There are only a couple of "good" shops there anymore.

·
Idiot Savant
160,381 Posts
Why do you keep thinking that its my engine thats not built right...I just see both sides..And the shop that built my pro stock motor Haded to put three sets of piston in it tell the piston manufacture got the angles and pitch right..And my builder has built championship engines...So even the best of the best make mistakes.....And mark don't where I won't be doing any business with your company..And i have never maded the mistakes that I'm getting blamed for...I just don't understand how you think its good business to nick-pick over a few pennys...And thats what I don't agree with. And for some reason I've been called everthing for retard. To having no comon sense ?????? So best of luck to you an have nice day....
Three sets? The problem is probably the engine builder.....although I have no idea how "pitch" relates to a piston.......

It has nothing to do with the money. Look...you're a trucker. You deliver a motor to this kid. He blow it up and tells you you should pay for it because you delivered it. After all, if you hadn't dropped it off, it would still be good. Besides YOU didn't tell him he had to put oil in it before he started it.

You going to pay?

See...I don't think the American taxpayers should be put on the hook for Greece's failure to control their money. They messed it up, they should suffer the consequences and fix it. The Greeks don't care WHO pays...as long as it is not them.

It's not the money...it's the principle. If I lose him as a customer....or you....well I don't like that much, but it is what it is.

I'll hang with my principles.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
This thread (and the unwarranted debate herin) makes me think of something I was told years ago by a friend in the business of selling products and services to the public:
"10% of the people will cause 90% of the problems"
The smart businessman will politely send those 10% to the competition. :smt023

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
here is my thing. i understand to check parts, put when u buy something new that was built be professional it should be right. when u buy a new car,computer,appliance or a complete engine for that matter do u take to someone else to check it, hell no u bought something new, not rebuilt, not refurbished but fucking NEW. i understand mistakes are made with anything man made.

if u were selling rebuilt or reconditioned stuff i could see the need to check everything, we always did when i worked at the machine shop, but we didnt check any of the new scat or eagle kits we used in the round track motors for the locals, it was new stuff, now if they brought in some 1970's shit we magnafluxed, checked journals, and everything else casue it was old wore out shit.

sounds like to me if your professional that build ur kits everyday or whenever they build them didnt have them right when shipped sounds like u need to see who is working for u also. basically u r saying everything u sell needs to bought and carried to another professional to be checked again is not real good quality control on ur part. that makes it look like to me that even ur shortblocks need to be checked to or just stop selling kits and sell shortblocks only so ur professionals can assemble them since they are BUILDERS!!!

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
here is my thing. i understand to check parts, but when u buy something new that was built be professional it should be right. when u buy a new car,computer,appliance or a complete engine for that matter do u take to someone else to check it, hell no u bought something new, not rebuilt, not refurbished but fucking NEW. i understand mistakes are made with anything man made.

if u were selling rebuilt or reconditioned stuff i could see the need to check everything, we always did when i worked at the machine shop, but we didnt check any of the new scat or eagle kits we used in the round track motors for the locals, it was new stuff, now if they brought in some 1970's shit we magnafluxed, checked journals, and everything else casue it was old wore out shit.

sounds like to me if your professional that build ur kits everyday or whenever they build them didnt have them right when shipped sounds like u need to see who is working for u also. basically u r saying everything u sell needs to bought and carried to another professional to be checked again is not real good quality control on ur part. that makes it look like to me that even ur shortblocks need to be checked to or just stop selling kits and sell shortblocks only so ur professionals can assemble them since they are BUILDERS!!!
Ok the first paragraph everyone can agree. But the next one doesn't make sense at all when you got new scat or eagle kits you didn't check clearences? WTF???

They grab the parts that should work. My guy took 3 different sets of bearing kits to make mine as close as close can be to make sure it was right. I asked if this was normal. He said it all depends on the machine work of the block or the parts that came with the kit.

·
bye
50,511 Posts
here is my thing. i understand to check parts, put when u buy something new that was built be professional it should be right. when u buy a new car,computer,appliance or a complete engine for that matter do u take to someone else to check it, hell no u bought something new, not rebuilt, not refurbished but fucking NEW. i understand mistakes are made with anything man made.

LMMFAO.............Keep digging that hole deeper!

·
Idiot Savant
160,381 Posts

Please give me the name of that machine shop. I would like to call them.

I promise I will not tell them that you said that they do not check clearances on their motors.

Shortblocks are warranted to be correct...and come with a build sheet to give you the clearances.

Hint, hint.

·
bye
50,511 Posts
Please give me the name of that machine shop. I would like to call them.

I promise I will not tell them that you said that they do not check clearances on their motors.

Shortblocks are warranted to be correct...and come with a build sheet to give you the clearances.

Hint, hint.
Shhhhhh...............Don't bring anymore logic to the conversation, he MAY learn something.

Like I said before............He'd STILL be on EMI!:smt077

·
Registered
662 Posts

hey flaming,

just curious, what is your complete procedure when assembling an engine?

·
Registered
48,027 Posts

Think about this for a minute. Let's say you purchase an engine kit, maybe a 347 for the 302 block or a 408 for the 351W block. These same kits can be purchased for various requirments. A guy building a street rod with stock heads and a mild cam, for instance, may not (and does not) need the same clearances as the guy using the same kits for drag racing with a load of nitrous and alot of RPM. Are you with me so far? You get the kit, measure everything to see what the pluses and minuses are, and "fit" everything accordingly. Engine kits are not "one size fits all", never have been and never will be.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why didn't he just correct the machine work?

My guy took 3 different sets of bearing kits to make mine as close as close can be to make sure it was right. I asked if this was normal. He said it all depends on the machine work of the block or the parts that came with the kit.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Why didn't he just correct the machine work?

My guy took 3 different sets of bearing kits to make mine as close as close can be to make sure it was right. I asked if this was normal. He said it all depends on the machine work of the block or the parts that came with the kit.
[/QUOTE]
It was a short block got disassemblied. He turned the crank very little. First tried to polish then had to have someone alot better turn it. I didn't want to spend alot more money and engine builder said he could get it right. It's right and runs great. Only got 1600 miles on it but no problems with it...

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Three sets? The problem is probably the engine builder.....although I have no idea how "pitch" relates to a piston.......

It has nothing to do with the money. Look...you're a trucker. You deliver a motor to this kid. He blow it up and tells you you should pay for it because you delivered it. After all, if you hadn't dropped it off, it would still be good. Besides YOU didn't tell him he had to put oil in it before he started it.

You going to pay?

See...I don't think the American taxpayers should be put on the hook for Greece's failure to control their money. They messed it up, they should suffer the consequences and fix it. The Greeks don't care WHO pays...as long as it is not them.

It's not the money...it's the principle. If I lose him as a customer....or you....well I don't like that much, but it is what it is.

I'll hang with my principles.
I have some 23 deg stuff rolled and angles changed . The pistons are plung cut gas drilled bad boys that had to be perfect . No room for area to get the most out of the little engine that can.....And my engine builder is one of the best in the world.....But good luck and I do respect that you hold to your principle...And in my company if the called and saided we damaged it in trans we would just pay the claim and move on ..But in my business your name is all you have....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Think about this for a minute. Let's say you purchase an engine kit, maybe a 347 for the 302 block or a 408 for the 351W block. These same kits can be purchased for various requirments. A guy building a street rod with stock heads and a mild cam, for instance, may not (and does not) need the same clearances as the guy using the same kits for drag racing with a load of nitrous and alot of RPM. Are you with me so far? You get the kit, measure everything to see what the pluses and minuses are, and "fit" everything accordingly. Engine kits are not "one size fits all", never have been and never will be.

i know that all kits r not the same, most people that r building a street rod r not going to buy a complete forged h beam kit they r going to go budget minded, if u r gonna run the shit out of it u will by the better stuff. i told them my application and they recommended the kit i got, i didnt by the rock bottom kit to run the shit out of it.

181 - 200 of 316 Posts