Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
fake..myth busters proved that..lol..
It's not fake. Looks like an Easton X10 (carbon aluminum, super skinny) going into the ass end of an Easton X7 (much larger, aluminum). Notice the aluminum arrow already in the target has no nock in it, meaning it was placed there.

It's really much easier than it looks. I did that dozens of times when I was training and on the US World Archery team. To avoid doing it we actually shot targets with multiple spots so we only had to put one arrow in each spot, which kept the arrows several inches apart.

In 2001 on the Jr. World team we set the world record at 259 out of 270. That means out of 27 shots, we only missed a dime sized bullseye 11 times. And we were all 17 or under. The adult men set the record in the high 260s. On more than one occasion I shot a perfect 120/120 when shooting individually (4 rounds of 3 arrows at a dime sized target from 20 meters).

Some of my friends who stayed with it can now shoot 120 times, and only miss the dime sized bullseye 3-4 times (indoors, at 20 meters at a 40 cm face). Outside is harder to explain, but the type of shooting those guys are doing is FITA style outdoor target shooting. They shoot 36 arrows at 90m, 70m (both at 144 cm target face), and then 50m, and 30m (at a 50cm face).

That guy was shooting 30m at the 144 cm face, the size normally shot at 70 and 90 meters.

It's definitely impressive to watch when you aren't used to it, but when you train hard at it it's not all that hard to actually do.

Archery is awesome!

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
It's not fake. Looks like an Easton X10 (carbon aluminum, super skinny) going into the ass end of an Easton X7 (much larger, aluminum). Notice the aluminum arrow already in the target has no nock in it, meaning it was placed there.

It's really much easier than it looks. I did that dozens of times when I was training and on the US World Archery team. To avoid doing it we actually shot targets with multiple spots so we only had to put one arrow in each spot, which kept the arrows several inches apart.

In 2001 on the Jr. World team we set the world record at 259 out of 270. That means out of 27 shots, we only missed a dime sized bullseye 11 times. And we were all 17 or under. The adult men set the record in the high 260s. On more than one occasion I shot a perfect 120/120 when shooting individually (4 rounds of 3 arrows at a dime sized target from 20 meters).

Some of my friends who stayed with it can now shoot 120 times, and only miss the dime sized bullseye 3-4 times (indoors, at 20 meters at a 40 cm face). Outside is harder to explain, but the type of shooting those guys are doing is FITA style outdoor target shooting. They shoot 36 arrows at 90m, 70m (both at 144 cm target face), and then 50m, and 30m (at a 50cm face).

That guy was shooting 30m at the 144 cm face, the size normally shot at 70 and 90 meters.

It's definitely impressive to watch when you aren't used to it, but when you train hard at it it's not all that hard to actually do.

Archery is awesome!
Excellent post!...
I wasn't impressed either............................ but then again, I've bow hunted!... :yawinkle:

·
Tenured Prick
1,485 Posts
I got a "robin hood" a couple of years ago, and way too many torn fletchings. I now practice one arrow at a time.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Those of you that do (or did) shoot, do you keep the bow drawn back and "aim" or do you draw and release , basically in one motion?...
Personally, I draw and immediatly release!...

I saw in that video that they've got helacious counter weights!... :smt102

·
Tenured Prick
1,485 Posts
Those of you that do (or did) shoot, do you keep the bow drawn back and "aim" or do you draw and release , basically in one motion?...
Personally, I draw and immediatly release!...

I saw in that video that they've got helacious counter weights!... :smt102
I draw and breathe in, breathe halfway out, let the sight "float" onto the target, release and follow through, which for me means that I scrape the side of my hand across my ear. Just like racing, success is hitting your marks perfectly.

For hunting, you gotta draw when you get the chance (head turned, sight blocked by tree), and release when the moment is right, so I've learned to hold the bow drawn a good while. Don't ask how many I've missed because I couldn't hold it long enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts