Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does PRO get a better turnout of cars/racers when the NSCA has more classes? Below is a list of the first race held by both and I was wondering what makes one better than the other. The rules are not that much different...

PRO:
Pro Stree: 12
Super Street: 5
NPS: 14
Xtreme Street: 23
Pro Stock: 9
Street Race: 4
NSS: 9
NMC: 9
Open Comp: 20
Super Truck: 6

PRO has 10 total classes with a total of 111 racers

NSCA
Pro Street: 6
OPS: 8
NPS: 4
S/S: 0
Pro Nostalgia: 3
T/S: 5
L/S: 5
Real Street: 2
Hot Street: 4
Drag Radial: 4
NSS: 10
AMC: 10
EFI: 9
Factory Mod: 3
Super Stock: 12
WSR: 11

NSCA has 16 total classes with a total of 96 racers

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK lets give you that.. But there are still 6 less classes and more racers with PRO...

Super Street with PRO has more strict rules than the NSCA does and PRO has 5 racers compared to 0..

NPS took 2 classes and combined them to make one and they have 4 racers compared to 14!!

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW.. I wanted to post why I would never race with PRO. A few years back I called their tech department and talked to some dickhead named Wes. I asked him a direct question and he never answered it. All he kept on saying was "what do the rules say!" I needed him to clearify if an aftermarket replacement front frame was legal for Super Street... All he kept saying was "What do the rules say?" This was an aftermarket stock replacement front frame but the rules said must be a factory front frame... So I was a little confused... Anyway he was a dickhead..

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just trying to figure out why PRO had a better turnout is all. I know a few NSCA racers went to PRO because they were pissed and a few PRO people came to NSCA because PRO pissed them off... But overall why the better turnout? We used to race in Florida a few years ago. If the turn out was good there.. why change?

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Dog, I got the numbers from the qualifying ladder they had posted off both sites. Was there 36 cars that showed and only 23 tried to qualify?

Chris, I looked at the payouts on the PRO board and could not find them on the NSCA board. But to the best of my knowledge the payouts do not seem to be that far off. <<< am I wrong on this? I know Pro-Street with PRO has always paid out more. But the NSCA has that class split and pays overall around the same for the split classes of Pro-Street and Outlaw Pro-Street. Of course Im looking out for my own with Super Modified that was combined with NPS. I would have thought the class would have been a lot bigger than PRO's now. But 4 to 14 seems very odd to me. You know these classes better than anyone else. How many of these racers show up at most the events throughout the season? Or does PRO bring more of the locals out than the NSCA?

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Scott Williams said:
I think the turn outs need to be looked at again after Commerce!! JMO!! :|

There were quite a few regulars missing at the first race. Baio, Schroeder, Merkels, Golobo, Scavo, Mikho (as if), Hines, Bennet, Huber, Maichles (spelling), Ferrara, just to name a few!!
Mikho?? Who's he??? I should be ready for the Milan event if at all possible.

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK so if the NSCA had better payouts, was more involved with getting contingency money and was more business like, they would have a better showing? For me (this is my opinion) I think it’s due to the on the fly rule changes. I remember 3 years ago we all stood at Grand Bend and asked for the rules to stay stable for 3 years. The argument of "what if someone runs away from the class" came up by the NSCA. Everyone said they didn't care. Huber dominated the S/M class and everyone just worked harder to keep up. I wonder why S/M was like that and most the other classes were not? After we left that meeting it was 2-4 weeks before the rules allowed a weight break for a cylinder head of a racer who never ended up showing..

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OK I got a little more facts about car count. The NSCA does not include their Bracket class in the qualifying ladder. The NSCA brought in an additional 64 or 67 racers (person could not remember the exact number) for the bracket class. The PRO series includes their Open Comp class to the numbers. Also the racers who entered most the classes in PRO were locals and not regulars. I compared some names and location with previous races last year and there were only a few regulars in most the classes. I feel a little better now.. :-D

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Chris Uratchko said:
Okay Monty. Whatever makes you feel better. :-D

But the same racers race in every heads up class at every race. I suppose that doesn't make them regulars though. But again if that makes you feel better.
It still doesn't make me feel better to be honest. I look out for my old class "Super Modified" that got combined with "NPS" and only had 4 cars show. Next race Huber and Baio will show up it looks like.. But will Plestis, Abby, Catalono, Mikho, Robbins, Cooper and McCoy's show? These were regular guys last season and only time will tell if they show this season...

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
redvictor said:
underdog said:
I hear you Chris, I could see myself driving around in an old Impala convertable....409 of coarse :-D
dogg,you need to finish your own car first.....the Impala should be good for 2020...... :lol: :lol: by the time you get ready for x/s they'll be running sixes... :lol:
Unless Tafil runs his car.. Then they will be running negative 6's!!! So dang fast that God will have to add 6 seconds to his life after every pass!!!

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Jimmy Biggs said:
I CAN SAY THIS.....NEVER.....NEVER IS THERE MALICE/FAVORITISM/ECT......
I will argue that point with proof that I was slammed by rules for not having a headliner in the car when they were never listed in the rules. But I had asked about someones car who was very illegal and the blind eye was turned to him. When I called the NSCA after a few days from the event in question. I was told he was 100% legal!! So I told them I was going to install the same items on my car. I was told that I would not be able to race if I did. I asked why he was allowed to race with that stuff.. They told me that they would tell him he was to remove the illegal items for the next race. Well the end of the season came and the car never changed. Favoritism? I don't know you tell me...

Milt Decker seems to earn a lot of led trophies when he was putting the #1 guy on the trailer.. But the #1 guy seems to win race after race with no led trophies given away!! Favortism? Again you tell me!!!

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I like racing with the NSCA. It has a ton of good people and seems like a family when we are all together. That's what brings me back to their events. There is problems with every orginization and I am just worried about the little things that are wrong. How can they be corrected so we can bring old blood back and bring new blood in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.