Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
93,140 Posts
theres 52 Weekends in a year......How many times can a Pie be cut........We have already bored to tears (and took their money) Spectators.......They bring their Family out 2 aduts 2 kids $80......Hotdogs/Ice Cream/ Soda $50 .....thats $130 plus gas.......How many times a Summer are they comin out to a Race?????.......Why is Milan once a month Friday night such a success????......Close/Cheap.......Thats the wave of the Future.......They're proving it

· Registered
93,140 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
I think this check writing problem goes far beyond this racing junk.

Corporations, and big business in general just ain't spending money anymore. They are locking it up in bonuses, and profit sharing for the major share holders.... and the big dogs of non-public businesses are just soaking it up.... greed is getting greedier.
So those Big Corporations that sell us Race Stuff don't care about us??....Just themselves :shock:

· Registered
93,140 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
Tom I wonder if they pay the IHRA Pro Stock guys like that?

Jimmy I work in the midst of the grand corporations of the auto industry. I have for 15 years now. They care little for the customer, and even less for their vendors/suppliers. That's the world we live in.
I don't have a Problem with Corporations.....They call on me.....Because I get Results for them

· Registered
93,140 Posts
Chris......Go to car counts.......Then work backwards for 7 years......Chris you need to pull your Emotions out of this and use your head (I'm not trashing any Series here dude!) its fact....less people are coming Racers/Fans..........I spoke to alot of "Check Writers" Yesterday.....I'm right on.......Thats from 34 people in the Business......NOT RACERS ....The People that Support you!!!....The Well is drying up.......More Races are not in the best interest of our Sponsors.......More Attendance is.......So bash me if you want.....I got my answer LOUD and Clear Yesterday.......From the people that count!!!

· Registered
93,140 Posts
tom_cowle said:
Jimmy,

I think a track like Milan proves you wrong that the "check writers" are what drives this sport, look at the crowds and the excitement there....and all this for $1000.00??? The racers and the fans are the people who count, not the Check Writers.

tom cowle
Thats because it is a Local Event......Spectators flock because most of the Racers are Local......This Discussion got side tracked from Adding more Races to an already struggling industry and the "Sponsors" don't want us knocking on their doors for more money when they are looking at weather they want to continue with what they are already doing......They also need to get "Bang for their Buck" which they are not now.......If we were talkin about Expaning the size of a Shopping Mall with 20% Occupency You would say Thats Nuts......so why do we talk about adding more Races to an Low Car Count/Low Fan attended Race Series......As I said before we need to FIRST fill the stands/Pits......Then look at adding Races.....Not the other way......With the way CEO's are feeling.....it just might be the last straw and they pull out completely.......Its an Issue or I wouldn't have gotten 34 EMails/PM's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.