Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you guys tell me about Pro topline heads, they are BBC and are 320 runner???? Cast iron also.
Thanks Rick

·
SBF TTFMF
4,513 Posts
Pro Topline is now considered RHS...A division of Comp Cams I believe...

In general, they have a LOT of material. They usually do pretty well when ported since a porter can get the shape/size they're looking for.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
yep..pro top line not to be confused with pro action ..pro comp..but real pro top line aka RHS are very nice for the $$$ my sbf one flow nice for a normal valve layout and they are far from maxed out 308 intake @.580 lift intake and 236 i think it was @.580 ex

·
Registered
994 Posts
We have a pair of the orig protop line 320 heads were putting on my daughters 496, With just a vavle job & blend the heads went 359 @ .700'' Not huge #'s but pretty good for a out of the box head, Seems to be a pretty good head, talked to a few of the builders on here an they said they liked these heads for the money,

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
They were pro action, then pro topline, or the other way around, then Comp got them and named them RHS. I have used them all with great results.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had them on my mild 351w efi, 215s with 2.02 1.60 valves.
Ran 119 mph na, 132 mph on 130 shot with average driver (me) in my sig pics.
Worked well.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
They were pro action, then pro topline, or the other way around, then Comp got them and named them RHS. I have used them all with great results.
pretty sure they was never that, pro action is a Chinese head like pro comp pro lighting, the original pro top line was made in New Zealand , then comp bought them and now are called RHS but im not sure where they are made at, my sbf heads came with 2.08 valves and 200cc runners, they where ok out of the box but came to life once ported , responded really good for a inline standard valve lay out for the money, i paid 1000.00 for them and g-pa ported them , i just had them milled down to 54cc..i think you can still get the sbf ones for about 1k

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I am sure I used pro action cast iron heads years ago, and they appeared the same as the pro topline cast as well. I have saw the procomp alluminum heads, never saw cast iron. I may be losing my mind tho..LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts