Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of 200cc aluminum Pro Topline (now RHS) cylinder heads on my small block chevy, and i have a broken rocker stud. these heads are box-stock as assembled by Pro Topline. i need to know what size studs to buy, the heads are set up for a hyd flat tappet cam. any help is appreciated. i will be going to the speed shop tomorrow to get some ARP rocker studs. thanks,
tom yancy.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
I'm guessing just standard 3/8" studs for SBC?

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking as well. but i see they make 7/16 studs and 7/16 rockers for sbc, so that put some doubt in my mind. i called comp cams, but did not have time to stay on hold all day, since i'm at work right now. i could get off my ass and check them later, just figured someone here would know. thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
True, but most aftermarket SBC heads come with 3/8" standard, 7/16" being optional. If the heads were originally assembled with springs for a hydraulic cam, they're likely 3/8".

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree on the 3/8. You dont see too much 7/16 till you get into the heavy hitters. You could probably just google your part number of the head and find out.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys. unfortunately, the speed shop doesn't have any 3/8 studs so i guess i will have to do mail order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts