Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the posts on the "other" boards concerning "cheating" and the PRO tech. Frame issues with Curran's car?...Gina seems to have had enough and says they are staying home. Paul has mentioned a few issues, and "pitbitch" seems to know what is happening. Can anyone get this sorted out? Without slamming/bashing anyone, where are the rules getting "bent"? Building down here in Texas.....would hate to spend the time and effort on our own and customer's cars only to have them "declared illegeal" by a misinterpetation of the rules.
Mark Artis
www.texasoutsiders.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
well......it would seem if your not in their back pocket you will not be favored?
or....if you go too fast you get a lead trophy?
or....too many politics?

just when you thought they were different...yea right....
politics and favoritism...that is nothing new

leo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmy,
I know that the posts will not be deleted here ....unlike some other boards. I am not attempting to start anything here, only looking for answers. We pulled out of NSCA due to rules changes that did not do anything but add confusion to the NSS class over there. Many of our Texas Outsiders race in both PRO and NSCA and have had thier share of wins lately. In the last three races, Dennis Gorrel, Skip Koester and Jeff Millward have won NSS. Joey Winick and Joe Ewing are going head to head also.
But on this issue of TECH and cheating I only would like a clarification on what rules are being "bent" and where.
We spend 99% of our time building for specific classes and would simply like to know what is allowed and what is not. Yes, as most builders do, we build to the letter of the rules, not always necessarily to the "spirit of the rule". Like Smokey once said, "Hell no I aint cheatin', just gettin' comptitiive"......but when building for others, we have the responsibility to attempt to give the customer the most "bang for the buck" when it comes to having a competitive car. If some are NOT in compliance with the rules, where are they and what are the issues?
Mark

·
Registered
479 Posts
here is what I can tell you ---- Our frame rails were questioned. Tech had ? on them- then went to another vette - looked it over - and came to us and said - you are legal- the part that WAS in question it turns out is how the car was ORIGINALLY built ( factory built). Yes some people were ?? on car parts
YES tech was hard on ALL drivers- but it is something WE as racers asked for AFTER Bradenton and Bowling Green where there were "issues".
MOST people that were ??'d by tech were happy they were FINALLY DOING THEIR JOB -
Any other questions about OUR car - I will gladly answer in a PM - but I am not dignifying anyone who DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT with an answer on this board or any other.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Sue Curran said:
here is what I can tell you ---- dignifying anyone who DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE F*CK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT with an answer on this board or any other.

But Sue.........Monty and I live for this Crap :p .....Tell us more 8)....our Members Demand it :shock:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Jimmy- I know you guys do- but there are circumstances that do not just pertain to me and it is not fair for me to talk about it-

I will tell you that Pitbitch is sadly misinformed and we have NEVER been on vacation with Mike from Tech or his staff people nor have they eaten in out pit.

·
Registered
479 Posts
most of the time race tracks are our vacation -

I was sad I didnt have a chance to chat with you Jimmy- but you looked busy in Milan when I was there

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sue, relax, please. Your getting caught up in internet bull shit, you honestly need to take it like a grain of salt, I know this from pass problems we have had. In one ear, out the other. It's tough, but you have to do it or your blood pressure will give you fits.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks Underdog - I am getting better. It is hard to sit by and let someone slam you and your team.

Jimmy- you had a camera in your hand and there is NO way I want to be on TV - that is Bobs job. I walked right past you like 4 times.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Sue Curran said:
Thanks Underdog - I am getting better. It is hard to sit by and let someone slam you and your team.

Jimmy- you had a camera in your hand and there is NO way I want to be on TV - that is Bobs job. I walked right past you like 4 times.
I only shot you 3 times.....as you were walkin by :roll:

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Sue grabbed my butt!!! She turned around quickly so I wouldn't notice who it was... :roll: It was only her and Bob standing there and I dont think Bob likes me THAT much... :shock: :-D

1 - 20 of 124 Posts