Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting my 1150 hp dominator updated by patrick at pro systems, is this service worth the money? i have heard good things about him but am wondering if it would make a difference in my combo? i am looking at the pro nitrous update... any feedback?

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Personally I didn't have good luck with them. Patrick knows his S#!T and I know he can make a carb better.. Things just didnt work out for me and the reason I went to fuel injection..

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I have one on my car & its darn nice. I know of 3 or 4 other folks that have them some have multiple setups. he has 24/7 phone support on his carbs, that says a LOT to me. I would buy another one from him w/o hesitation.

Bob

·
Registered
62 Posts
my car is not running yet but Patrick has given me a lot of help since i purchased my 4150 from him A really good person to do Business with.
Royz

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Tell me if you can think of another carb guy you can call FROM the track, 1000 miles away on a SUNDAY, leave a message on his voicemail, and have him call you back 5 minutes later for tuning advice.

How many carb guys will come to the dyno and thrash on different carb tuneups, and buy lunch to boot?

Patrick in my book is second to none. I've used his stuff since 1997 when he was an outsider in the carb business.

Very smart guy, and very dependable. He's got me as a customer for life, and any engine I help with or build will get his piece.

How's that for a plug :shock:

Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Hope I'm not too late. Patrick has done a few carbs for me and he's always done a great job. His service atfter the sale has consistently been good too.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
The fuel curve is usually right on for your motor right out of the box. The car starts easy, part throttle driving is great, and you get good wide open throttle performance.

I've seen guys put his carbs on the dyno and not change a thing more than once. You can probably fine tune a carb on your own but you may never nail the fuel curve that close without a lot of testing.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i just had mine sent off to patrick too......its an old AED prepped 750 with a pro-form main body...well see how it goes.

just about every car i see with a pro-systems carb on it always runs good.......ill post up my thoughts on it too 8)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I know you Michigan guys will jump my back for not saying Patrick Rules but, I personally perfer Dale Cubic's (CFM Specialties) Phone #330-723-5688. He is one of the finest carb builders in the country BAR-NONE. He won't just hand you off a box stock Holley HP carb with a fuel curve change to it and charge you $1000.00.

Dale is a wealth of information and on the track his stuff proves itself.

If not Dale, I'd go with Braswell, they are the people who designed the HP series for Holley and they are top notch people to work with.

My humble opinion
tom cowle

·
Registered
632 Posts
my pro system carb been flawless for 3 years now..awesome piece :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more vote for Patrick. We use his carbs on 80-85% of the motors we build. Usually right on outta the box.

-Joe Smith
Lukovich Racing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts