Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only four car showed up in Super Street at Bowling Green for the Pro Race! Wow there where more at Milan! That's a Midwest Race Too. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
That's all Pro really ever had was around 4-5 cars in Super Street... it's just a dead class. I think that's driven by the outlaw 10.5 classes... lets restrictive rules sometimes means less money.

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
Jimmy I'd have to say you haven't been to many PRO races. I haven't been to a PRO Bowling Green race that didn't have a the stands full on each side of the track.

I know that hurts your NSCA blood, but them are the facts.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Show me Pictures Chris......Oh and by the way I'm not a Blind NSCA Zellot I just Know how to count Crowd Shots :-D ....Chris if it was that big of a "Hit" PRO/NMCA Staff would have been Broadcasting Everywhere.....but "Mum" was the word.....and so you (or anyone else) don't think I'm slammin PRO/Charlie or any Series.......This is a Major Problem with everyone......You can't go into Bowling Green 2 Weeks before the Hot Rod Reuniun and get Crowd Count People aren't spendin $40 for some Door Cars when NHRA has Blasted Advertising 4 weeks out..... 500 mile radious around BG with Radio/TV......Where are your crowd shots.....look at some of the shots they have up.....they went out of their way to NOT Shoot the Crowd......But its not just them....its everyone.....You can either Face or Not......Big Changes are gonna take place this year

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
Jimmy you're WAY wrong buddy. Sorry. I will say it again. There has never been a PRO BG race that wasn't PACKED to the hilt.

I've been there. You haven't.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Chris is correct, in the past the crowd at Bowling Green was HUGE.

Now for the fact of this year, very very disappointing, the crowd was at least 1/2 what is was last year. I honestly don't know why, maybe the heat was the issue, not sure. The vendors were hit hard, at times you'd sit there for an hour without one person walking by. Sunday wasn't any better, Stanton puts more people in the stands than this years Bowling Green race did, and Stanton puts about 1,100.

Now Bradenton was great, it was packed, it was huge, same as last year.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
BG has ALWAYS been packed to the rafters. It doesnt matter what is at the track. Heads up, brackets, or whatever the stands are FULL....

Seen it for the last 15 years...

Vanilla

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't know about the blower and nitrous guys, but what I see in the PRO Super Street class as a problem for the turbo cars is they are only allowed 94-98mm turbos. They are pretty much the only major heads up sanctioning body using those sizes. So when a person with a Super Street caliber car goes to buy a turbo, they generally will buy a 101 or 106 so they can run FFW, NSCA, NMRA 10.5W, or compete in the local events and be competitive. Besides that, people want to go as fast as they can :-D I'm not saying those size turbos are too small to compete, I'm just saying not everyone can afford to buy 3 different turbos.

Just my opinion,
Brian

·
Registered
835 Posts
I think the threat of rain all weekend hurt BG's crowd this year. But I've been to both NSCA/ old NMCA at BG and PRO, I have to say that the crowd has always been bigger at the PRO races. They are still not the same as the old NMCA days though.

I think all of the bigger organizations seem to be struggling. There are just too many local events paying the same as the big name org. ORSCA seems to be the only organization really do well. Every event I have been to with them, they draw huge crowds and the car counts are huge also.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Oh, and the NSCA has never inflated attendance figures? I remember posting about the lack of cars and the crappy spectator turnout at the No Problem race two years ago and all the NSCA ass kissers jumped my ass and told me I was full of shit and if I wasn't there in person how would I know? Then Patrick Budd got on there thumping his chest promising substantially larger car counts(and spectators) at the remaining races (we all know the truth there).

Its all a marketing game, this is entertainment and he who puts the most butts in the stands wins, everybody does it.

tom cowle

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
*for the $$$ we had to spend on Advertising in No Problem we did daggon good......the NSCA operates on an Advertising Budget 20% of PRO's.......yet #numbers in the stands average out thru the year :p

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
tom_cowle said:
Oh, and the NSCA has never inflated attendance figures? I remember posting about the lack of cars and the crappy spectator turnout at the No Problem race two years ago and all the NSCA ass kissers jumped my ass and told me I was full of shit and if I wasn't there in person how would I know? Then Patrick Budd got on there thumping his chest promising substantially larger car counts(and spectators) at the remaining races (we all know the truth there).

Its all a marketing game, this is entertainment and he who puts the most butts in the stands wins, everybody does it.

tom cowle
Whatever Tom... I know that you are all knowing and all seeing. I think I know more about the real numbers than you do and I could point out endless examples of abusing the numbers and the vast majority are not with the NSCA. They will just ignore the poor numbers rather than lie about them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts