Yellow Bullet Forums banner

6101 - 6115 of 6115 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I have no skin on the game of Pro Stock, but I love learning about the technology!
Would love to see a screen capture of this video just to see how close my cranial masturbation is to reality!

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,870 Posts
YEA....That part of the video was in the beginning . When Chase is getting the block and tackle ready to hoist the hurt motor Right behind him was A spare intake manifold split open and there too you can see right down the intake ,.... Then part way in the video there is the headers she zooms in on that are on the ground .Once again port size tubes dia .Step dia.This video is 1/2 hr long of just bad bad bad...Good thing they where smart enough not to leave the cam card on the bench She would have got that too.
She Got in big BIG SHIT from Richard before for facebooking live the engine assembly room with a couple motors 1/2 built ,parts on bench etc. and dyno room at the elite shop. This was way more bad .....lol It's like she's a spy for Greg lol
No way anyone can determine port sizes and tube sizes and step sizes from watching TV. Come onnnnnnnnn. What a ridiculous claim.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,870 Posts
WHAT A STUPID BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you use enough exclamation points, Mr 7 yr old? Lmfao

Don't get your panties in such a bunch over what someone else does. Jesus H Christ. It wasn't your car nor your engine. You ain't got shit to be upset about.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
No way anyone can determine port sizes and tube sizes and step sizes from watching TV. Come onnnnnnnnn. What a ridiculous claim.
Yea...... ok .good luck with that claim. Inside the engine was pretty interesting to say the least . IT was more the port positioning and location in the heads that I found facinating . In this day and age its very easy to scan an image and calculate.There is software that will take an image and put it to code in a cnc application be it 5 axis , mill turn , etc.and produce the part. No programing required . It's based on Allowances .
I guess if it didn't matter Freeman would have left the video up for the whole world to see.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yea...... ok .good luck with that claim. Inside the engine was pretty interesting to say the least . IT was more the port positioning and location in the heads that I found facinating . In this day and age its very easy to scan an image and calculate.There is software that will take an image and put it to code in a cnc application be it 5 axis , mill turn , etc.and produce the part. No programing required . It's based on Allowances .
I guess if it didn't matter Freeman would have left the video up for the whole world to see.
And you'll have the least important part of the entire intake tract lol

Start your PS cylinder head program now before the others catch on!

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
As for figuring measurements from a video or picture it's actually really simple. You find something in the pic that is a known lengrh/height or depth such as something as simple as an ink pen or even a pop can. Then you take that known measurement and compare to the unknown. If the known is for instance 12" and the unknown is roughly 3/4 the size then by comparison and math the unknown now becomes known at 9". That will then lead to other dimensions and a simple port can now be measured by using trig, calculus etc.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
As for figuring measurements from a video or picture it's actually really simple. You find something in the pic that is a known lengrh/height or depth such as something as simple as an ink pen or even a pop can. Then you take that known measurement and compare to the unknown. If the known is for instance 12" and the unknown is roughly 3/4 the size then by comparison and math the unknown now becomes known at 9". That will then lead to other dimensions and a simple port can now be measured by using trig, calculus etc.
And once again after all that you'll have a grand total of zero point zero

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Remember that 0.030" in wide, height or placement (up / down, left / right) is a big deal. You may need some NASA image software.

Stan

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,109
Hello....

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,112
I took a quick trip to Mars to get a way for a bit. I'm back now though....

Reactions: 1Azgerman

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I took a quick trip to Mars to get a way for a bit. I'm back now though....
Nick,
So how is the terraforming coming along?

Stan

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,114
Nick,
So how is the terraforming coming along?

Stan
Stan,

It's actually coming along great! Soon as we can figure out how to breath, grow food and stay warm, well be in good shape. lol

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Using CAD/CAM and port geometry to develop dry air flow doesn't always light up the score board. Good old R&D with A-B-A track testing gets the job done.

6101 - 6115 of 6115 Posts