Yellow Bullet Forums banner

6061 - 6080 of 6085 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,065
Hello All,

I hope everyone is well and staying healthy out there in these crazy times. I have fortunately still been busy with engine work and keeping my head above water. I wanted to post this video of an engine I finished up here not to long ago. It's actually an older Pro Stock engine that was sold to a customer in Sweden who runs European Pro Stock. I recently went through this engine and they are wanting to sell it. I don't know all the details on the sale of it but they are suppose to be putting it up on Racing Junk here soon if it's not already on there. I just thought you guys and gals would like to see a video of a Dyno pull. this pull was from 7800 to 10,200 and I still miss the carburetor days. Again, everyone stay healthy and enjoy...

Nick

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,067
Notice in the top right of the tool box something fall over when it hits WOT, lol.
LOL I had to go and look and see what that was. It was the paperwork that goes to the timing light that gets stored up there....

Reactions: BOSS#1540

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Nick,
Good afternoon. Hope alls going well for you in your new digs.
Can you tell us what size and kind of headers were used in this dyno testing?

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nick,
Good Morning. Thanks for posting the video....that's music to my ears.
I hope you are doing well with your new adventure. Hopefully you will be at Indy again this year as I will stop by and see you.
Take Care,
Steve

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,070
Nick,
Good afternoon. Hope alls going well for you in your new digs.
Can you tell us what size and kind of headers were used in this dyno testing?

Thank you,
Chris
The headers that I used on this engine were an older set of ProFab's. They are 2 1/4, 2 1/2 & 2 5/8's with a 3.6 choke...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,071
Nick,
Good Morning. Thanks for posting the video....that's music to my ears.
I hope you are doing well with your new adventure. Hopefully you will be at Indy again this year as I will stop by and see you.
Take Care,
Steve
Thanks Steve!

Looks like we will be in Indy twice this year. I think the first two Indy's are with limited spectators and the cars and bikes will only compete at the 1st Indy and the 3rd one which is the US Nationals. Definitely come by and say hello....

Reactions: 1Azgerman

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Indy ran a bracket race today and another is tomorrow. Beautiful weather. Track hooked till 3rd round, I had a .003 light and then spun .04 in 60 foot. Cruze Pedregon has his nostalgia funny car the and made a few passes. Antron Brown was there with his boys running Junior Dragsters. There was a blown fiat there that also had a funny car body for it from Arizona. All around big turn out or cars. No spectators. Next weekend is a big race including OSCA, bracket racing and racing on the circle track.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Do Pro Stock, or Comp guys use any oil additives?
with all of the modern oil packages available, there really is not need. Think about it, lets use the Badass oil for an example. there is only 1 gallon of room in a gallon, and since the oil is 100% synthetic, anything that they (or us) would feel is necessary is blended at the factory. If you put in some kind of additive, that is taking space from something else in that gallon. Antirust is a good example. Most PS type oils have very little antirust, as it would take up the space from a friction modifier that might help with performance.

Now i do know the nitro thing was a thing. Also, a lot of people used that mr moly shit way back when. But honestly with modern wynth oil tech, all the good shit is blended in.
Some people may spike it with something that adds power when burned (illegal) so no one would admit that.....lol

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
with all of the modern oil packages available, there really is not need. Think about it, lets use the Badass oil for an example. there is only 1 gallon of room in a gallon, and since the oil is 100% synthetic, anything that they (or us) would feel is necessary is blended at the factory. If you put in some kind of additive, that is taking space from something else in that gallon. Antirust is a good example. Most PS type oils have very little antirust, as it would take up the space from a friction modifier that might help with performance.

Now i do know the nitro thing was a thing. Also, a lot of people used that mr moly shit way back when. But honestly with modern wynth oil tech, all the good shit is blended in.
Some people may spike it with something that adds power when burned (illegal) so no one would admit that.....lol
Thanks. Just wondering if it all was just snake oil.

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
ive tried a lot of it. honestly ive never really seen anything. modern oil is much better than the shit we used to have 15-20 years ago
Me too. The only thing I really was impressed with I tried, was Problend. It seemed to reduce wear. No horsepower, but I used it in the engine, Nash 5-speed, and 9” rear.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What type of gear oil are guys using in prostock / comp? I saw the video of Hartford changing the center section and it looked like water. I have been using the redline ultra light which is pretty thin, just wondering what else is out there.

6061 - 6080 of 6085 Posts