Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 6118 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
"Fernando Cuadra Sr. will show up to Pomona with two Ford Mustang Pro Stock cars and eventually race with a three-car team, all Mustangs. He is no longer running with Ken Black Racing engines, going out on his own with his sons Fernando Cuadra Jr. and Cristian Cuadra. It may take some time before the Cuadras are racing at the high level Fernando expects, but it won't be for a lack of effort or resources." ...............saw FR on valve cover in NHRA pic for this quote. Nick motor program for all 3?
The Pomona broadcast stated that Nick Ferri now has the Cuadra engine program.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I heard B Gliden pulled off the return road as soon as possible and took the cap off his fuel cell and set there for a while before going to fuel check.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I think the techs check the oil for that stuff. We did that locally years ago.
they dont tech for anything other than the scales, and the fuel, and im not sure they would fail anyone for fuel as that shit is inconsistent. I have never seen anyone get an oil sample pulled.
BTW, i know Kenny bought a motor or 2 from Gray. IDK if it was in the car or not.
With frankies son getting killed in a car wreck, im sure his head is not focused on racing understandably. I cant imagine

·
Registered
27,622 Posts
they dont tech for anything other than the scales, and the fuel, and im not sure they would fail anyone for fuel as that shit is inconsistent. I have never seen anyone get an oil sample pulled.
BTW, i know Kenny bought a motor or 2 from Gray. IDK if it was in the car or not.
With frankies son getting killed in a car wreck, im sure his head is not focused on racing understandably. I cant imagine
True. We pulled oil samples if a protester put up the lab fees. We also had, and I still have that thing I call a “sniffer” that goes in the valvecover, and does an oxygen reading. We caught one guy with that. Don’t know how accurate it is, but it was like $1,800 when I purchased it. More or less let them at least think I had a way of telling if they were doing something.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
An old rumor had one of the nascar teams running something performance enhancing in the transmission for qualifying, supposedly ran a vent tube from the top of the trans to near the carb to get a whiff of fumes...never could substantiate it.....who knows

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
An old rumor had one of the nascar teams running something performance enhancing in the transmission for qualifying, supposedly ran a vent tube from the top of the trans to near the carb to get a whiff of fumes...never could substantiate it.....who knows
This is an old topic for sure. Rumor on WJ was using some waste oil from the Nitro pit. A bit in the dry sump tank. The collectors would have a pink residue. Dinitrotouluolene or Propyleneoxide spoda do the trick too. One year at the Engine Masters event competitors were running pump gas. During the final round you could smell the difference in the exhaust off the dyno. Smelled just like race gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe nitropropane was used in the oil by a few guys, I was told it was worth .06-.08 in a super stocker with a few ounces in the oil. This was in the late 90’s.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I believe nitropropane was used in the oil by a few guys, I was told it was worth .06-.08 in a super stocker with a few ounces in the oil. This was in the late 90’s.
yep I know a few of them that were running it.......you definitely could tell it too.... !

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Nitro Propane in the oil!!

A guy gave me a plastic bottle of it many years ago, about 12oz.

I always thought it was some kind of octane booster for gasoline.

It was on a shelf for a long time and I forgot all about it till now.

Tomorrow I need to check if its still there.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What are pro stocks doing with header technology.
Was reading they are going to smaller tubes now.
Glad to see they are still under chassis. Cars sound much better, deeper and smoother. Not blatty.
looking forward to seeing Cuadro family racing cars w Nick this year.

5961 - 5980 of 6118 Posts