Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 6023 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the air conditioing world, there is a coil mfg that claims better heat transfer with rifled tubing in there evaporators. I think it would only increase the flow of exhaust gas mass to the tube wall and lower the gas temperature due to contact and increase heat transfer. A hotter gas flows faster towards a colder area. my .02c

Chris

·
Registered
25,280 Posts
In the air conditioing world, there is a coil mfg that claims better heat transfer with rifled tubing in there evaporators. I think it would only increase the flow of exhaust gas mass to the tube wall and lower the gas temperature due to contact and increase heat transfer. A hotter gas flows faster towards a colder area. my .02c

Chris
Thanks. Just a thought.

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Dumb question maybe but, would that increase inside surface area?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

Chris

I should think scavenge efficiency would be the desired result. In that case tuning primary tube diameter and the venturi diameter of the merge collector should yield a power gain. Combustion chamber and camshaft overlap play a roll too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I should think scavenge efficiency would be the desired result. In that case tuning primary tube diameter and the venturi diameter of the merge collector should yield a power gain. Combustion chamber and camshaft overlap play a roll too.
I was explaining the a/c manufacturers reasoning for doing it as it was told to me. It seemed like it pertained to this.

Chris

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
If the NHRA didn't require you to run a specific tire, would you be running radials?

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,670 Posts
I kind of like the 'follow' button at the top of the page. Now, I'll get notified any time somebody posts in this thread.

So how long ago did the Cuadras purchase whats his names racing operation? Steve something? I cant recall, ATM.

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Fernando Cuadra Sr. will show up to Pomona with two Ford Mustang Pro Stock cars and eventually race with a three-car team, all Mustangs. He is no longer running with Ken Black Racing engines, going out on his own with his sons Fernando Cuadra Jr. and Cristian Cuadra. It may take some time before the Cuadras are racing at the high level Fernando expects, but it won't be for a lack of effort or resources." ...............saw FR on valve cover in NHRA pic for this quote. Nick motor program for all 3?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
He jumped in big time!

"Fernando Cuadra Sr. will show up to Pomona with two Ford Mustang Pro Stock cars and eventually race with a three-car team, all Mustangs. He is no longer running with Ken Black Racing engines, going out on his own with his sons Fernando Cuadra Jr. and Cristian Cuadra. It may take some time before the Cuadras are racing at the high level Fernando expects, but it won't be for a lack of effort or resources." ...............saw FR on valve cover in NHRA pic for this quote. Nick motor program for all 3?

5941 - 5960 of 6023 Posts