Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5941 - 5950 of 5950 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
In the air conditioing world, there is a coil mfg that claims better heat transfer with rifled tubing in there evaporators. I think it would only increase the flow of exhaust gas mass to the tube wall and lower the gas temperature due to contact and increase heat transfer. A hotter gas flows faster towards a colder area. my .02c

Chris

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
In the air conditioing world, there is a coil mfg that claims better heat transfer with rifled tubing in there evaporators. I think it would only increase the flow of exhaust gas mass to the tube wall and lower the gas temperature due to contact and increase heat transfer. A hotter gas flows faster towards a colder area. my .02c

Chris
Thanks. Just a thought.

·
Registered
12,025 Posts
Dumb question maybe but, would that increase inside surface area?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

Chris

I should think scavenge efficiency would be the desired result. In that case tuning primary tube diameter and the venturi diameter of the merge collector should yield a power gain. Combustion chamber and camshaft overlap play a roll too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I should think scavenge efficiency would be the desired result. In that case tuning primary tube diameter and the venturi diameter of the merge collector should yield a power gain. Combustion chamber and camshaft overlap play a roll too.
I was explaining the a/c manufacturers reasoning for doing it as it was told to me. It seemed like it pertained to this.

Chris

5941 - 5950 of 5950 Posts