Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 6023 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome everyone! To everyone who is a lover of the 500 C.I. N/A engine and the class of Pro Stock in itself. Welcome! Just like the title says, "Pro Stock Tech". This will be a technical thread that will cover all aspect of Pro Stock racing and anything else related to the class and a N/A engine. Chris Uratchko has been nice enough to let me start this thread on his forum. He will be the moderator of the thread and all post that are made. We are all open for a good Q&A and even a few debate at times. This thread needs to stay on topic just like the title says. We can still talk about racing and results that have to do with Pro Stock and other N/A classes. We welcome anyone and everyone to this thread but soon as the BS starts. Well, you know the rest... So again, welcome and let talk Pro Stock!

Nick Ferri

·
35,245 Posts
Thanks for the thread starter Nick! We'll make sure it stays clean for you guys!! I was going to see about moving the old thread into this one and we can work on that if you want to.

Once the old thread is in here I can go into it and take out the trash... so to speak.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Thanks Nick!!

Chris everyone welcomes your mod help as needed!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, lets jump right in and get your take on the new rules. Do you think the fuel injection will slow the class, and if so, how much? I feel it will just due to the fact that there will be no open air getting to the throttle body. What do you think?

Thanks!

·
Unbanned
20,344 Posts
How far from CB do you run your valve springs? even if its only approx. to protect info.

this topic is getting asked a bit around here at the moment so I though id ask here too.:)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the thread starter Nick! We'll make sure it stays clean for you guys!! I was going to see about moving the old thread into this one and we can work on that if you want to.

Once the old thread is in here I can go into it and take out the trash... so to speak.
I like the idea of a fresh start... If there were question left unopened in the other thread they can be asked again in here.

Did they spec injectors for Pro Stock?
Yes, everything fuel and timing related is a "spec" part. Right down to the P/N on the fitting we have to have so NHRA can check our fuel pressure. I'm completely new to all of this EFI so I will be learning a lot myself as time goes along.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Don't worry Nick. We will hold your hand through this. :)

How far along are you in relation to the path you plan on taking with the FI motors? To clarify, do you already have some idea of what you will be looking for and how you might approach it?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, lets jump right in and get your take on the new rules. Do you think the fuel injection will slow the class, and if so, how much? I feel it will just due to the fact that there will be no open air getting to the throttle body. What do you think?

Thanks!
Yes, I feel we will slow down initially. Besides the new EFI rules we are also going down to a new 10,500 rpm rule. The combination of both rule packages are bound to slow us down. We here at Elite have not ran the new system yet but we now have everything to dyno it sometime here soon. We are shooting to try it the week after the Las Vegas race. Other reports from another team says its 80 HP down and that's a lot... That was just on the dyno and not on the track where we have the intake air issue to deal with as well. Pomona in February 2016 will be very interesting for sure!

Nick

·
Registered
161 Posts

Thanks!
If the throttle body moves the same amount of air as the carburetors, and the a/f ratios are correct, I don't see a slow down coming because of the injection. Are they gonna be able to use the same manifolds? I see the slow down coming because of the change in scoop configuration.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
If the throttle body moves the same amount of air as the carburetors, and the a/f ratios are correct, I don't see a slow down coming because of the injection. Are they gonna be able to use the same manifolds? I see the slow down coming because of the change in scoop configuration.
It may not slow down as much due to the finer tuning capabilities of FI, but there should be some peak power difference due to the cooling effect of the carbs. Unless they have a lot of liberty with injector placement.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody in here ever use the dart x pattern for a cam and lifter layout?
First off Bigtime, I voted for you on another thread but why is the car on your avatar different? Secondly, I have no idea what the dart x pattern even is. Personally, when I design an engine from scratch, I will end up with my own lifter locations which in turn I end up with a custom cam core. None of that is uncommon in Pro Stock at all and for that matter even in Comp in a lot of cases.

Nick

1 - 20 of 6023 Posts