·
Registered
646 Posts
Hell yea!!

Edwards was sawin' down that tree.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
That was unreal. I cant believe the computer can even caculate out that close. That's what, a hundred MILLIONTH of a sec?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Really damn close race. Had to laugh when AJ said, "I looove taking down those summit cars!" After beating jason in the semi.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Really damn close race. Had to laugh when AJ said, "I looove taking down those summit cars!" After beating jason in the semi.
I'm surprised Jason didn't remark about getting sprayed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
It was a great final.
I really like both of those guys.
Great Job Guys!!!

·
Registered
38,365 Posts
If you studied the finish line freeze-frame long enough, you could see Edwards had a slight lead. It couldn't have been more than an 1/16 of an inch, but it was perceptible.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
If you studied the finish line freeze-frame long enough, you could see Edwards had a slight lead. It couldn't have been more than an 1/16 of an inch, but it was perceptible.
Wait a minute, you saying you could see less than a 1/16th of an inch through a camera that is 40-50 feet away? Damn, I must need glasses lol.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Mike Dunn said left lane always gets the ties...my experience says it's the car with the better reaction time. Or it's a secret coin flip...helluva final!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mike Dunn said left lane always gets the ties...my experience says it's the car with the better reaction time. Or it's a secret coin flip...helluva final!!

I worked in the tower of our local strip for 10 years from '95 - '05 and our system had 2 choices to break a tie: Left lane and MPH. We had ours set at MPH.

·
Registered
38,365 Posts
Wait a minute, you saying you could see less than a 1/16th of an inch through a camera that is 40-50 feet away? Damn, I must need glasses lol.
Ya, I know, sounds nuts but I promise you, the frame showed Edwards an RCH ahead. I don't know by how much; if the computer needed 8 digits it wasn't much. The 1/16", of course, was a pure guess.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Edwards: 0.005RT, 6.674ET, 206.16MPH
AJ: 0.018RT, 6.661ET, 207.05MPH

At 207.05 MPH, 0.00000005 seconds equates to 0.00018 inches. Less than two ten-thousandths of an inch. There's no way the timing system is that accurate or precise. It may have numbers that far to the right of the decimal, but they're meaningless.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I worked in the tower of our local strip for 10 years from '95 - '05 and our system had 2 choices to break a tie: Left lane and MPH. We had ours set at MPH.
I thought the comment on ESPN about the tie going to the left lane was a joke, didn't know it was an actual option.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts