Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to have a plan if I win the lotto...

Anyone know how many 5.3 N20 motors are there in the country (USA) and outside?

Who are the builders:
C.I.?
and cost?

I do know a 5.3/864 from Fulton is 90K

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
New they are all in the ballpark of $85K-$100K range for the most part. Three main builders are RM, Fulton, Sonny's, Musi. You can pick up used one's around the $70K mark. 5.3's are typically in the 860-900ci sizes. I wouldn't hold my breath on the lotto but good luck, you might want to have a backup plan. ;)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New they are all in the ballpark of $85K-$100K range for the most part. Three main builders are RM, Fulton, Sonny's, Musi. You can pick up used one's around the $70K mark. 5.3's are typically in the 860-900ci sizes. I wouldn't hold my breath on the lotto but good luck, you might want to have a backup plan. ;)
Yeah my back up is my all steel 1968 SS Camaro in the garage. So how many do you think are out there? I've heard as little as 25-30 and as high as 50 :smt102

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
More than that. Ive been at rehers shop when they had 7 there and brad told me they had 13 on order and that was 2 years ago. Brad Morgan told me he has a ton on order for pullers right now. Id guess more like 3-500. Probably more. Lots in middle east. Lots in boats, lots of mud trucks, lots of pullers, even a few land speed racers. Dont forget top sportsman/ top dragster. Lots over there.I can easily account for more than 50 just in guys i know.

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
Call me stupid, but why would you spend that kind of coin for something when you can buy a BAE or AJPE and put a screw on it an go faster for less?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call me stupid, but why would you spend that kind of coin for something when you can buy a BAE or AJPE and put a screw on it an go faster for less?
I agree with your statement, here in the South East it has been "Nitrous Country" for as long as I know. The most competitive package I can think of (w/out a lot of R&D) would be a Screw w/ an auto behind it or at least a big roots and an auto rules depending.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish there were Prochargers in Pro Mod, I never hear of any. They have the F4 making 3300+ on a 520-530ci

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I wish there were Prochargers in Pro Mod, I never hear of any. They have the F4 making 3300+ on a 520-530ci
The F4 on the dyno made that horsepower, but in real world application, it blowed alot of S**T up! I do not think anyone is running it anymore

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
There's a lot more to it than the initial investment cost...we run against blower teams and know quite a few so know what the costs including amounts of maintenance & crew support required are.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
The F4 on the dyno made that horsepower, but in real world application, it blowed alot of S**T up! I do not think anyone is running it anymore
But why???
We have new 584 and we were thinking about putting it on a pro charger sipping booze..
So why blow up isn't psi, psi?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
But why???
We have new 584 and we were thinking about putting it on a pro charger sipping booze..
So why blow up isn't psi, psi?

not when the procharger comes apart, and puts lots of little parts through your motor

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
You forgot a good one.........Buck Racing Engines. He builds the power for both Rini and Silance.........the two fastest "powerglide" nitrous cars around.

Monte

1 - 20 of 28 Posts