Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Given title of video: NHRA TOP FUEL MOTOR in a PRO MOD !!!
Turning the given into question:
Pro Mod Motor is a Top Fuel Motor?

I simply had doubt that the motor in question was actually equal to the 11,000 HP beasts I see in NHRA AA/F cars. Honestly I thought they would be seriously backing off a AA/F motor via much less nitro. I placed the simple question under YB PRO MODIFIED and get ripped to shit for simply making a question out of a statement.

Thank you sir thats all I said.:)

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

I simply had doubt that the motor in question was actually equal to the 11,000 HP beasts I see in NHRA AA/F cars. Honestly I thought they would be seriously backing off a AA/F motor via much less nitro. I placed the simple question under YB PRO MODIFIED and get ripped to shit for simply making a question out of a statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1RYmUxUqso
I can tell you the motor tune up is straight out of the fuel car same motor went 3.70's in the top fuel car a few weeks later. You cant de tune one that much and make it work. You can play with the timing a little and how fast the lock up levers come in on the clutch. You still have to load the motor to burn the fuel and not drop cylinders.lol like an old school tunner told me once when you drop cylinders there are a 100 things going on and 99 of them are bad

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I'm with you, can't argue this. But the (original poster) OP thinks a Pro Mod engine is a Top Fuel engine which is not the case. Pro Mod engines make 4000 hp max while Top Fuel makes nearly 10,000 from what I understand. I love Studezilla but who the hell is going to race him.
Far from knowledgeable on nitro tunes or what he has actually done to the engines before the runs......That said my guess would be that if he takes a lot of fuel, boost and compression away to drop the power 30% he will stand a lot better chance of not only getting the car to hook but also getting enough load on the engine to get some heat in the chamber and let the engine go A to B?

Of course I assume the whole idea of the thing is to have some fun and rattle some cages....so maybe he is content to throw the whole ball of wax at it and see if it sticks?

Myself I have always like the exhibition type deals, from the Hydrogen Peroxide powered kart of Mcklure back in the day, to the dragster with twin 108s and spray I would like to build if I hit the lottery two or three times in a row ;)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
There a few fuel door cars out there like Studezilla, when Palmer retires he is going match racing with Zilla, there are a few good interviews out there!

Dave...

J.R. Sandlian out of Wichita is building another Top Fuel powered pro-mod to match race Palmer. I'm not sure how far along the car is.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
hell with the stude, throw a fiat toppolino body on a motor AA/FC and blow the doors off the stude, that would be cool.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Saw a picture of that car on a flatbed trailer behind Scotts motorhome going to Dallas ( I think ), was just the coolest thing ever.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

got it lol

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,630 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1RYmUxUqso

If you had doubts, it's because you don't watch drag racing. Stfu and go back to the knitting forums, cut & paste bitch.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts