Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
729 Posts
In the automotive industry, it's always presented as "percent anti-squat," so your "5% squat" would be "95% anti-squat."

I haven't looked at the video, but someone mentioned a rear tire being pushed up into the tub. This would indicate the rear of the car is coming down on launch (squat). Ideally, you want the weight transfer to occur smoothly. In other words, you don't want the rear of the car bobbing up and down. This is accomplished as you get the IC as close as possible to 100% anti-squat (or 0%, according to your software supplier). Don't worry about the IC length and height; just find a setup which will get you to 100% anti-squat or slightly above (100%+).

Unfortunately, you'll still have the driveshaft torque unloading the right rear. To cancel this, you can adjust to more than 100% on the right side and less than 100% on the left. How much more and less? This information can be found at my web site, along with a means of directly measuring the rear wheel loading during launch without even starting the engine. This asymmetrical adjustment also provides the most safety, as the wheel loadings will remain symmetrical all the way down the strip.

Also...and I probably shouldn't mention this after you've spent the bucks..., there's a free spreadsheet at my site for determining IC location with a 4link.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.