Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run pro gears on the street. My car may be driven 20 miles one way not more can i make them survive. My car is gonna be a 8 second car and i know i wont be able to get away with street gears. I am also looking at a 3.73 or 3.89 gear. Nitrous car

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
theres noth but 4.10 at numerically larger gears offered in pro gears.second 12 bolt pro gears work best with really tight lash,i set mine at.003,that wont work for the street

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Can you run pro gears on the street. My car may be driven 20 miles one way not more can i make them survive. My car is gonna be a 8 second car and i know i wont be able to get away with street gears. I am also looking at a 3.73 or 3.89 gear. Nitrous car
Assuming you're running a trans brake and are going to be leaving hard? That's the only reason for running Pro Gears. If it's a foot brake car throw a set of regular Richmond Gears in it....

·
Registered
296 Posts
I broke two sets of richmond street gears in a 12 bolt chevy rear,at the time i didnt have a brake in the car. I bought a set of pro rears and never had a problem. I installed a jegs rear girdle when i set it up with the pro gears and i think thats a great addition to a rearend using factory caps. The lighter the car, the less stress on the drivetrain.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
i agree..my 85 has a 12bolt and i killed 2 street gears..went to pro gear and no more problems..i am going to drive it on the street this year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts