Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I wouldn't consider a sportsman block with the maxx available, if you can somehow overpower the maxx (1800+?)than get the dart..

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I wouldn't consider a sportsman block with the maxx available, if you can somehow overpower the maxx (1800+?)than get the dart..
The MAXX blocks are not CNCed machined so I wouldn't expect lifter bore placement as good as a Dart or Ford Motorsports blocks.

I many have one headed this way to look over!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So whats the most anyone has made with the Maxx????
Tons of them over 1k hp as per members here who have posted, pretty sure Troy told me he has one over 1800, the one I am doing is targeting 1200 crank with the pulley and fuel pump we have so far, so, 1500 considering the f2.. I haven't found a single one blown up or rattled yet..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I run a sbf pro comp block 440 ci. Never had the first problem with it. Been a great block so far, been running it 2 years so far. Been 5.00 with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have run a pro comp block for 3 years now no problems at all. At first we were scared, because everyone was trashing them. We took it apart this year and everything looked great. With spray it's been mid 8 sec which is good for the budget
we are on. No it's not a Dart Iron Eagle. For the money I would do it again.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I spoke with troy last week and has 100 blocks coming in in 2 more weeks. I looked for.a.pro comp block but havent found them listed anywhere anymore. I have a buddy that has.made 1430 to the tire on his rpm maxx block. Thats good enough proof that it will hold. What i need. If anyone has alead tosomeone with procomp blocks let me know thanks

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
store.speedmaster79.com. This thier distribution center in Rialto,CA,. Site is down tonight but they are working on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any one running a pro comp sbf block any thing good or bad
Been running one 4 years now, no problems what so ever. When we first purchased the block, I was on here everyone was bashing it. Works great for us. We have been spraying it the last few years no problems. 5.30 @ 134 for far we are happy.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Been running one 4 years now, no problems what so ever. When we first purchased the block, I was on here everyone was bashing it. Works great for us. We have been spraying it the last few years no problems. 5.30 @ 134 for far we are happy.
Which I base all my info on just one block!!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Good to hear troy was able to get another batch coming, I was going to order two about 6 months ago and he was out of them. I have about 5 drums of methanol through a 430" f2 procharged one so far and it has been perfect. Machinist said it was hard like a Cummins block when he cut it.. maxx block

61 - 77 of 77 Posts