Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
This is 100% a guess but I'm throwing out a guess that Frigo, Hord, and Satterfield both switch from turbo to Prochargers next season.

There was a video of Frigos camaro with a procharger and I saw Hord's Vette on the dyno at XRE with a Procharger and Satterfield was announcing something huge pretty soon.

Anyone else have a guess as to who may switch up?
those 3, one more that hasn't announced, and probably wont until its leaked

met two separate guys at scsn two weeks ago that have 3 procharger cars (2+1 respectively) in the works for nhra 2020 promod, grass roots type guys

PLR has 3+ that will be new entries (aside from Frigo)

it looks like there will be 10+ NHRA promods with prochargers, shit happens but there are lot of guys trying to make it.

that many people dont jump on the band wagon with the anticipation of an even playing field.

The 140 at 1.40 OD is a BAD BITCH, I fully believe that 1.40 OD will be reduced QUICKLY, I had a 140 at 1.36OD at 2600#, it scooted compared to the 136 I was running.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Question for someone more knowledgeable about the current rules than I am. According to prochargers website the list the international drive ratio at 5.63:1 with a Max speed of 72,000k. With a 1.4 external drive that means the prochargers 72,000 rpm is reached at 9137rpm engine speed. What engine speeds are the proline hemis running and will the powers to be limit rpm. I haven't seen any compressor maps so running one at Max overdrive may not be optimal. I have seen PSI screw hemis run at 10,200+rpm so make me question the procharged hemis only seeing 9200rpm

·
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
I'm happy to see the Pro Mod Forum is very educational....learned lots of stuff in this thread :).

Most if not all Pro Charged equipped cars running in PDRA, NE Pro Mod or NHRA Exhibition are running AJ style hemi... some people say they are making 70psi. If that is the case I wonder if some of our in house mathamaticians (sp?) can cross that over to a roots making 45psi or a legal turbo combo making 34-36psi ?

Must be something good if several top turbo teams are switching to it. As always thank you to everyone who made a post or a comment in this thread...I think we are a better community when members of said community share their thoughts on subjects.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm happy to see the Pro Mod Forum is very educational....learned lots of stuff in this thread :).

Most if not all Pro Charged equipped cars running in PDRA, NE Pro Mod or NHRA Exhibition are running AJ style hemi... some people say they are making 70psi. If that is the case I wonder if some of our in house mathamaticians (sp?) can cross that over to a roots making 45psi or a legal turbo combo making 34-36psi ?

Must be something good if several top turbo teams are switching to it. As always thank you to everyone who made a post or a comment in this thread...I think we are a better community when members of said community share their thoughts on subjects.
Not sure about your boost numbers, Those seem like outlaw turbo type numbers. The AJPE promod Hemi is a nice platform and has a lot of cool features.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They definitely DO NOT make 70psi, or even 60psi....on the big hemis (PLR 548 like mine or the new PLR 564)

I have zero knowledge of the 525 or smaller stuff so wont even guess psi or rpm.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
"pounds of boost" is a useless number unless you are using controlled variables like the same engine. Two blowers could make the same pounds of boost but have big HP difference. The real measure is density.
Couldn't you also say if engine A is more efficient than engine B its possible for it to make more horsepower with less boost due to it can move more air at the same rpm.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts